How to get my credit from a false tmobile store?

magenta5982637

I would like to file a complaint for the T-mobile store located at 21545 Northern Blvd, Bayside, NY 11361.

Chris, the store manager, has given me false information in order to encourage me to switch phone service to T-mobile.

I stopped by the T-mobile store to inquire about a transfer from AT&T on July 16, 2018. At that time, I had 7 lines on AT&T and was thinking about whether or not I should cancel one line because I had two phone lines for myself (personal & business).

There were two employees working at that time. One was a salesman and the other was the store manager. Chris, the store manager, told me that if I were to change from AT&T to T-Mobile that day, he would give me a credit for the rest of my device (phone) payment $1,157.65 and activation fee $190.53.

He told me that the $1,157.65 would come as a store manager credit and that the $190.53 would be store credit. The total amount in credit: $1,348.18.

I asked him if it would be ok for me to cancel one of my two lines later on, and he said that it would be ok. He told me to first go to any AT&T store and pay off the rest of my device amount and disconnect my AT&T service. Then that I should bring a receipt of the payment I made.

I followed his directions and went ahead to change my cellphone service company that day.

In the beginning, Chris had told me that he would give me the credit. But when I came back after paying off my device at AT&T and disconnecting my service, he told me he could give me a credit to my monthly bill, not all at once. I was obliged to accept that.

On August 7, 2018, the following month, I paid a monthly service fee of $245.00 by auto-payment. And so I called him to ask for the credit. He told me that each time he could give me only $350.00. In this way, each time I could call him and he would give me a bill credit.

This was quite cumbersome to me, but regardless I received the credit two times ($350 + $350 = $700.00) since joining T-Mobile.

So on Nov 16, 2018 I called him again to ask for the credit. He told me that he wouldn't give the credit anymore even though I have $648.18 in credit left.

He said it was because I had canceled one line. I did cancel one line last month, but before I canceled it I had made sure to ask if it would affect my future credit or not. The sales person told me that there it would not matter.

Even if cancelling one line is the problem, then how could one line affect $648.18 in credit?

The line I had cancelled was for a used phone (fully paid off before), so the line didn’t have any device payment left.

If he were to count the fact that I had cancelled one line, he could take off the activation fee of $20.00, but not $648.18.

I believe that I was given false information, otherwise I would not have cancelled my line, especially had I known that my credit would be affected.

Please let me know how I can receive the remaining credit for my account. Thank you.

All replies

• tmo_chris

Hey magenta5982637 

Thanks for taking the time to post to our community. I am so sorry that you have had to endure so much trouble with your account since switching to us. Something sounds a bit off here and we would really like to look at your account to see what specifically happened. Here on a public community forum, we do not have a way to securely verify your account but if you have a Facebook or Twitter account, you can use the links in my signature to message our T-Force folks. They will be able to pull up your account and do a full audit of what has happened and determine the next best steps.