Smartphone Equality?

briana145

Hello,

I’ve made enough on time payments in order to qualify for smartphone equality. (I’m well past 12 months, but only now interested in using the upgrade). I was wondering if anyone has had any successful experiences with this? I’ve only ever seem to run into people having problems getting it (because the down payment ends up being extraordinarily high). I would just really hate to go into the store expecting to upgrade for a down payment at little to no cost only for them to tell me it’s $200-300 lol I’m interested in upgrading to the iPhone XR and when I spoke with a representative, they were unable to switch my account to postpaid via phone and informed me that I would need to visit a T-Mobile store. Has anyone recently upgraded to the XR under this program and if so did you have to make a down payment? Thanks!

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Smartphone Equality?

Hey there! With smartphone equality, you will be eligible for well qualified pricing. The 64GB iPhone XR is $0.00 down (less taxes) and $20.84/month for 36 months. The 128 GB version however has a $49.99 downpayment and the 256 GB is $149.99.

• paykmp247

Chris, your reply may contain correct information but it doesnt answer the question nor is really useful in the context of Briana's problem.  what I (and i think she) would like to know is when does the promotion kick in?  Ive made 12 on time consecutive payments and so far pricing hasnt changed for me. Ive been in contact with several tmobile customer service reps and they all have provided wrong answers or put me on hold and dropped the call with no call back.  please address this issue with useful and correct information.

• tmo_chris

paykmp247 - Are you currently on a prepaid account or were you already on a postpaid account?

• paykmp247

I'm on a post paid account

• tmo_chris

If you are on a post paid account, you are automatically made eligible after your 12 consecutive on time monthly payment. When did you make this 12th payment? It can take up till the 13th bill cycle completes for your account to be made eligible.

Example -

Bill cycle is 5th - 4th

Bill due on 10th

You pay your 12th bill on the 10th

You may have to wait till the 4th of the next month (the 13th billing cycle completion date) before the account is made eligible.

• paykmp247

Okay I understand now.  Thank you so much for taking the time to help me

understand how it works.  I seriously appreciate it.  -kelsey

• paykmp247

I guess I didn't quite get it because I can't do the math using my

specifics.  Do you mind helping me with this? My bill is due on the 28th of

every month, I auto pay on the 26th of every month and the new bill is

generated(posts on my account) on the 10th of every month.  So if my 12th

consecutive on time payment was as made on November 26, for the bill due on

Nov 28th and the new bill isn't generated until the 10th of december when

does the best financing as per the promotion. Kick in for me? Thank you,

kelsey

• tmo_chris

So here on a public community forum, I am unable to see your account specifics like payment history or your billing cycle. If you call us, our team of experts folks can verify that you are indeed going to be eligible once the 13th bill cycle closes as well as the dates of that 13th bill cycle.

• paykmp247

Briana145, I have been in search of an answer for quite sometime from tmobile and not a single one of the 10 or so reps and store employees I've pressed for the answer seem to know.