Using Pixel 3 on TMO Network?

shihk1

Just wondering what kind of experiences others are having with the Pixel 3 on T-Mobile. I used to have an iPhone 7 that worked great and was hesitant at first to switch to the Pixel since it wasn't directly sold through T-Mobile. But then I read all the articles touting T-Mobile as having the fastest service for Pixel and decided to go for it. Big Mistake! About 80% of my calls get dropped and different music and video apps are now taking forever to load and sometimes just freeze. I've had to uninstall and reinstall apps to get them to work again. I've had more issues with the Pixel in the last 2 weeks than I've had with my iPhone in the last 2 years. It's really a bummer because I do prefer the Android OS over Apple. Don't know if it's the phone or the network or a combination of both, but I've heard of other people having the same frustrations. Anyone else experiencing this or have any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong? Please help.

All replies

• magenta6953869

Re: Using Pixel 3 on TMO Network?

I am also having this problem, but on my wife's Pixel 3. I have the Pixel 3 XL and haven't experienced the same problems.

• magenta4904181

I am very disappointed. I received my Pixel 3 last Friday and LOVE the phone and the operating system. BUT I am experiencing dropped calls and when I am speaking on the phone and another call comes in, the phone is automatically answering the incoming call. So I cant choose to screen the incoming call.

The other thing is I have a Tmobile signal booster in my home and still having call issues. Sometimes while on the phone the caller cannot hear me, etc.

Not good for business and aggravating when I rarely have any call issues with my Iphone 8.

• tmo_mike_c

We do encourage folks that wanna use the Pixel on our network that it is possible but this is disappointing to hear you're having trouble. Dropped calls and freezing is no fun, but there are a few things that could be causing the issue. We'd need to see if the dropped calls are happening with specific numbers or in a specific area. A good place to start is to check out our Dropped calls troubleshooting steps. Uninstalling apps can be helpful, but another collection of steps worth going through are on our Crashing, freezing, or unexpectedly restarting troubleshooting page.

• skaneria007

Hi there guys! Fellow Pixel 3 XL owner here...

I've been enjoying my new Pixel 3 XL now for over a month and for the most part I've not had any issues, except one. The pixel won't work properly with a signal booster for some odd reason. I used to have a cellspot booster- the one which you connect to your router's Ethernet. I don't use that anymore and pixel hasn't given me any problems. To be honest, I'd say the call quality and performance was slightly better on my previous phone, the Nexus 6P (yeah, I know). Thankfully, the pixel has one major feature which can offset all those drawbacks: global compatibility WITH BOTH GSM & CDMA networks and the e-sim feature.

Psst... I really hope t-mobile introduces e-sim support for pixel 3.