Another Visual Voicemail Saga (iPhone)

bobcharli

I recently switched from ATT to T-Mobile Amplified using an unlocked iPhone Xs.  Visual voicemail is not working.

I've been through at least 10 people at T-Mobile over multiple calls, and heard endless "do not worry we will take care of this" statements. None of the solutions have worked.  Got transferred to Apple and went through several layers of support there, only to be transferred back to t-Mobile.  I begged t-mobile to try the solutions I've found on these message boards and none seem to have worked.

My last tech support at t-Mobile finally said there is no fix, so I should just wait and hope for a fix in the future.  That was a week ago.

Does anybody have suggestions as to what I should do?  I feel like they just gave up on me.

tmo_marissa - you seem to be the one person who has had success with this.  I'd really appreciate if you could help me too!!!!

All replies

• tinslep

Re: Another Visual Voicemail Saga (iPhone)

Several people I know have been having the same issue on IPhones 6S, 8 and 8+. I was told by T-Mobile that it is a IOS 12.1 software issue. Had the same issue last year with IOS 11 that was finally resolved with an update. Looks like they broke it again in IOS 12.1. I hope Apple pushes a update soon.

• tmo_amanda

Re: Another Visual Voicemail Saga (iPhone)

Hey, bobcharli!

I had a chance to chat with Marissa to see what the ultimate fix was for the VVM (visual voicemail issues). From talking with her it sounds like this is a provisioning issue between the Voicemail to Text feature and the Visual Voicemail feature on iPhones. The solution was to remove the voicemail to text feature in our backend system to allow the visual voicemail to work. I recommend chatting with T-Force via Facebook or Twitter to have them review your account and features.