Crappy Deals For Existing Customer

mdiaz206303

I have been with Tmobile for a while now. I have a old iPhone 7. Been trying to upgraded but all these deals they have you have to add a line. The business model for Tmobile is let me get you a deal at the start but not give you anything later when your with us for a while. I have four lines and don't want to add another line. I just want to get another deal on the iPhone without adding a line. Is anyone on the same boat as me. Speak up or this won't change. I think I might switch carrier. 

All replies

• syaoran

Re: Crappy Deals For Existing Customer

That is how it tends to work though.  They already have your business.  They focus more on attracting new customers but rarely ever pay attention to the customers they have.  This isn't just a T-Mobile issue.  It's an every company issue.  Ask to soeak to loyalty and don't be afraid to leave if you aren't happy with what they offer you.  They know most people don't like the hassle of switching.  Sometimes you have to leave to be appreciated as a customer. 

• mdiaz206303

That’s not true about all companies. Comcast has given me great deals for being customer for a while. For this company to say they care for their customer is a under statement. #crappydeals pass it on

• smplyunprdctble

Comcast gives deals because people are leaving to go to nobody.

Right now, people aren't giving up their phones.  So, there's a "Well, what are you going to do?  Go somewhere else?  It'll probably cost more or be painful" idea in cell providers right now.  (think of it like apartment complexes -- I know people who move into apartment complexes cheaper than current tenants.  The apartment complex knows it's a pain to move, so you'll probably knuckle under and stay).

That said, T-Mobile DOES offer deals to existing customers, even without adding a line.  This thread has info on that: Re: TMobile has no deals for current customers

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • mdiaz206303

They do give deals but it’s crappy for example best iPhone deal ever I remem I got my iPhone 7 for free

• magenta4209743

You are so wrong, I purchased a smartphone from a good company for less

than $32 with unlimited data and text, I don't need talk because I am deaf

and all you people offered was access to my bank account using your

Autopay.  I don't have to give bank account or credit card information to

this reputable company to get only $5 off from my phone with you which I am

paying presently $48/month.  See the $11 difference!  I only used your

phone for shopping and added an app for games from a different company.  I

couldn't use the TTY on your phones, it is a useless app on all Samsung and

LG phones.  I also bought a bigger SIM card from an electronics company

because yours is very limited because of not having to use 60% of your

permanent apps I don't need.  Samsung is worse with useless, permanent apps

next to LG phones.  So go to Consumer Cellular for cheaper monthly and/or

pay as you go, no Autopay phones.

• syaoran

I guess I should have specified cell companies.  Cable companies know their business is dying so they have to give customers deals to keep customers around for as long as they can.  If they hadn't been so greedy in the first place, they might have kicked the problem of their dying business a little further down the road.

• mdiaz206303

How long u think this might work I am going to say just this year

• syaoran

Look out for the BOGO deals.  Magenta Friday and other new device deals.  Swqppa also has somw decent deals on devices. 

Cell companies are in for the long haul.  Whether it is wireless internet for the home or cellular service for voice and data.  We all need our connectivity.  Streaming services and content creators shock up the cable industry for double dipping and a lack of customizable content packages based on the individual needs of each customer.  T-Mobile's TV services should help consumers by providing another choice in the market.  Competition is good!

However, I think the T-Mobile Sprint merger is better than keeping them separate, because Sprint is slowly falling further behind.  The merver allows T-Mobile to compete in markets they currently don't, like southern West Virginia, and also offer a serious alternative to home internet sevices from companies like Shantel, which is over priced, unreliable, and slow.

• magenta4209743

I completely understand where you coming from and they are extremely discriminated against the deaf person who is unable to use Captel on cellphone then expect me to "call" them.  Duh, I'm deaf you ignorant dummies!  This is why I rarely use my phone now and it is a big waste of money, $48 and use it for shopping and play boring, useless games.  I can't even make business calls to make important appointments, such as doctors' appointments, "me time" appointments, or make orders for anything because I can't hear.  Why are cell phone companies afraid of deaf persons!  There is only one company who charges way cheaper than you people just to use text and data.  I can't even receive longer texts without having to download and mostly it doesn't work.  Duh!

• magenta4209743

I wonder who sent me this email message to my email address, here's what they replied to my post here:

Comcast gives deals because people are leaving to go to nobody.

Right now, people aren't giving up their phones.  So, there's a "Well, what are you going to do?  Go somewhere else?  It'll probably cost more or be painful" idea in cell providers right now.  (think of it like apartment complexes -- I know people who move into apartment complexes cheaper than current tenants.  The apartment complex knows it's a pain to move, so you'll probably knuckle under and stay).

You are so wrong, I purchased a smartphone from a good company for less than $32 with unlimited data and text, I don't need talk because I am deaf and all you people offered was access to my bank account using your Autopay with senior discount.  Do all seniors look stupid?!  I don't have to give bank account or credit card information to this reputable company to get only a measly $5 off from my phone that you offered which I am paying presently $48/month.  See the $11 difference!  I only used your phone for shopping and added an app for games from a different company.  I couldn't use the TTY on your phones, it is a useless app for anyone who is deaf on all Samsung and LG phones.  I also bought a bigger SIM card (not from you which you charged double) from an electronics company because yours is very limited because of not having to use 60% of your permanent apps I don't need.  Samsung is worse with useless, permanent apps (about 75%) next to LG phones, so I am trying to figure out how to end my account with you without any difficulties such as T-Mobile telling me what to do.  So go to Consumer Cellular for cheaper monthly and/or pay as you go, no Autopay phones.  Wow how is T-Mobile improving on perks, a big fat deceitful nothing!  What's the big deal you have no contracts!  I don't understand what you are offering to families or seniors!  These are not questions I am asking, they are true facts to blind you from the real truth.  Please do not reply to this post to my email address I have no desire to respond to you personally.  What you send will get posted here!

• brazilianloser

I feel the pain this person is in. I have been with Tmobile for a few years now and to be sincere I have been shopping around this holidays because the wife has been rocking a Note 4 since its release and I have been on a used s8 b/c my Note 4 died. And we have been waiting for a sale this year that doesn't involve adding a new line. So far nothing that I have seen. Several good sales have come and gone but they all require a new line or trade in that involves a recent one to two generation old phone. If something doesn't happen by the end of the year I think we will just bite the bullet and go somewhere else even if it costs slightly more. I mean both our phones are fully paid... so we could even just cancel our lines... sign up for new ones and get a sale price which is a bit ridiculous instead of sitting here waiting for one to be offered to existing lines.