LG G6 Bluetooth constantly crashing

nobodyspecial_part2

Around the time I installed the "August security update" (H87220d) on my LG G6 the Bluetooth started crashing.  It wasn't so often as to prompt me to take action with it.  After the "October security update" (H87220e) it got MUCH worse.  Last night I did a factory reset of the device, and now it's unusably bad.  The phone pairs with my truck's radio, but Bluetooth crashes over and over.  Sometimes I'll even get the pop-up saying the "Bluetooth app" crashed unexpected when I'm not using any Bluetooth devices.  I'm inclined to attribute this to the software updates, but I'm not certain.  Can the software be rolled back?  Is this a known issue?

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

I'm bummed this is happening to you too. There's not an option we can offer to roll the software back. I haven't heard of this being a known issue, but we appreciate you reporting this to us. We're chatting about this already on this thread: Need help with LG G6 uconnect crashes Please post any further questions or thoughts on that thread as I'm gonna keep track of other users that may have this issue.

• waelf

Re: LG G6 Bluetooth constantly crashing

I'm having the same issue, I did a factory reset and that did not work. Then I called and did a warranty swap as my phone is still under warranty, once I did all the updates the same issue occurred on the new phone. Is tmobile working on a fix? Or are we on the hook now for the cost of a new phone because your updated caused a good phone to go bad?  Not a good way to take care of customers. 

• tmo_mike_c

Re: LG G6 Bluetooth constantly crashing

I appreciate you coming here and letting us know this is happening to you as well. I'm using the thread I posted above to track and update folks on this. I'm looking into this on my end to see if there's another solution other than a warranty exchange.