Branched to a new discussion.

filing a complaint

gryff2018

Recently switched from Sprint, less than one month ago, and unfortunately needing to file a complaint.

I was not given the correct information and upon activation, I ended up having to pay a lot more (approx $1,400) than what I was expecting (approx $500) based on information that I was given. After that, I was not fully reimbursed for the payout, and again, due to misinformation from tmobile rep.

For the last week, I have talked to multiple people at customer care, and have been transferred and then placed on hold, then disconnected.  Last attempt was this morning in which I was on a 15 minute conversation, transferred and talked to the incorrect person for another 10 minutes, then placed on hold in an attempt to get me the right person, then disconnected and no one called me back.

Does anyone have a direct tel # I can call to file a complaint? Or can anyone recommend a more definitive process so I don't keep getting the run-around?

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: filing a complaint

Hey gryff2018

I am very sorry to hear that you have had a rocky start with us! We want to turn this experience around for you. Would you be able to elaborate a little bit more about what specifically happened?

• gryff2018

After I got approved, I specifically asked the rep what my limit was. He kept telling me not to worry and would not give me a limit.  And based on my credit, i was quoted NO down to LOW down payments on all the phones I chose. Then was told that I can add the accessories to the monthly payments.  SO AT THIS POINT, I was expecting to pay approximately $500 based on low down, taxes and activation fees. I proceeded to switch 4 lines from Sprint and 1 line from Metro PCS. We had already been at the store for hours. The lines were already ported to the new phones. When it was time to total the transaction, IT WAS THEN that I was told that my limit was $3,600. And because I went over the limit, I was charged a downpayment of $200 per phone and that I would also have to pay for the accessories up front since that would have been part of the $3,600 limit.  Needless to say, my total came up to approx $1,900 (FROM $500 that I was expecting). 3 of my Sprint phones were traded in and the trade-in value was deducted from the total of approx $1,900 bringing down the total to approx $1,300 which is still so much more than what I was expecting to pay based on the original information that was given to me. But because we were already at Tmobile for hours and the lines were already ported, I didn't want to inconvenience my family any more than I needed so I hesitantly proceeded with the transaction.

Then there's the reimbursement issue from the payout. The store rep told me that I would be paid out for the total of the devices that were still on lease with Sprint. That I needed to just forward the bill when I got it.  It was NOT told to me that the trade-in value would be deducted from the payout.  I was told that I would be fully reimbursed and to forward the bill when I got it.  So I submitted my bill, only to find out from the reimbursement department that because I signed up with carrier freedom, the trade-in value was deducted from the total payout.  I would have been ok with this had I been told this information from the beginning. Before I left the store, the rep even verbally told me that I would be getting reimbursed for approximately $700 for the devices. So after I submitted, I was only reimbursed for approx $245.  And the Sprint bill is approx $600 for the devices.I have been in communication with the store rep and he told me through text that his other customers didn't have their trade in value deducted from the payout. And he is having his manager follow up and investigate however I have gotten NOWHERE AT ALL other than being referred to managers who have yet to get back to meL.  I have tried discussing with reimbursement department only to be told "I'm sorry you were given the wrong information but ..."  So now, the Sprint bill is due and once again, I am the one who has to pay for the fees for which I should be reimbursed based on the information I was given.

This can all be verified if the AUDIO from the security footage at the store is reviewed.

So, as you can see, I had been very misinformed and yet I'm the one who has to pay for the mistakes of Tmobile's reps.  As a customer, I feel this is false advertisement. I don't want to have to get legal representation and/or file a report with the Better Business Bureau but I feel that I am not left with much of a choice.

• tmo_chris

That is quite the experience to have to go through gryff2018 We want to make switching to us an easy experience, not one that leaves you feeling cheated.

You have spent a great deal of time on this and I don't want to waste any more of your time so I am going to get right to it.

For the down payments, it sounds like this was estimated before your credit was ran and there is a limit to the amount per line that can be used for the installment plan. Even with the best credit in the world, there is going to be a limit and if the device you choose is more than that, anything extra is going to be required as a down payment. This definitely could have been better explained to you especially if you were choosing some of the more expensive phones. It does sound like this was explained to you when it came time to pay and I understand that you were already in the store for a long time but we are not able to change the prices of the devices you chose to reduce the down payment needed.

As for the reimbursement of the devices that were on a lease with Sprint, we will reimburse you for the full amount you owe on the device up to $650 minus the trade in value as stated on our site. This is just an example but if you owed $650 on your phone with Sprint and it was an $800 phone to begin with, you would have only paid $150 for that phone to them so far. Say the trade in value we give you is $200 toward your new phone purchase, we would still send you the remaining $450 as a reimbursement card. All in all, we are reimbursing you for the amount you owe on the phone with Sprint($650), and I think the confusion is just on how you are actually benefiting from it. Since you are giving us your phone as a trade in, we take $200 off the phone you want to buy from us so you don't have pay that, and we send you the remaining $450 as a reimbursement card for a total of $650. We would not be giving you the $200 trade-in and $650 because that is more than what you owe on the phone with Sprint.

Again, I sincerely apologize this was not better explained to you at the time you switched but as it stands, it sounds like you are getting the full reimbursements you qualify for. You said you were working with the managers at the store but they have yet to get back to you. Were they supposed to call you at a specific time? Are you able to call the store when the manage is there or are you near enough to that store that you might be able to stop in and speak with the manager in person?

• gryff2018

So i understand the explanations and I'm already aware of it. The problem is I was misinformed and tmobile is not owning up to the agents mistakes. So needless to say I've had no resolution and now im back to what the original request was.

Please tell me how i can file a formal complaint. Please provide the legal department contact info as well if appropriate.

|

• tmo_chris

I understand this has not been the ideal experience If you are not getting anywhere with the store managers and would still like to file a formal complaint, you can send a letter to our customer relations team at the address listed at the bottom of our Contact Us page.

• bobc@aapiinfo.com

me too