Huawei p20 pro data issue

val.faybush

I have a strange issue with my phone. Trying to pinpoint if it's a phone issue, or t-mobile. The phone randomly loses data service. I would be driving and using my GPS, and suddenly, the xx.x k/s would vanish from the top left hand corner. Restarting the phone solves the issue, but I have to do that about 10 times a day on average. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Re: Huawei p20 pro data issue

Hey, val.faybush!

Let's see if we can narrow down why this is happening because constantly restarting your phone is no fun. Does this generally only happen in one area or everywhere? Did this just start happening or has it been going on for awhile? Lastly, do you have a different phone to test your T-Mobile SIM in to see if the device is causing the issue or if it's our network? 

• val.faybush

Hi Amanda,

I believe it's the phone. I haven't had any issues with other phones. It happens randomly, sometimes when I lose Data, other times it seems like I have service, and I can call and receive calls  But data is gone. I've only had the phone a little over a week.

• tmo_amanda

I agree that it sounds like the phone is the issue as well. Did you by chance have a different phone to test your SIM in to see if data drops at the same location? Restarting the phone basically resets the network connection which sounds like what the phone is needing. One last question - is this a new SIM that you're using?

• insomnia

I have this exact same issue, I've linked it to the Tmobile Visual Voicemail app.  Uninstalling Visual Voicemail fixes this problem for me, but Now I don't have Visual Voicemail.