Did T-Mobile stop selling the LG G6

joe1994

Okay first thing have to say I am impressed with the recent security patch updates. About the middle of September last month I got the August 1st security patch. Prior to that I had been on June's security patch. So the patch update was about seven weeks behind.

Fast forward to I think it's the last week of October. I get the October 1st security patch.  Skipped the September security patch all together. So while I am not currently update. Being a month behind is a huge improvement over being two-eight months behind.. So thumbs up to T-Mobile/LG

Now my question. Did tmobile stop selling the LG G6??? I had notice in recent weeks it had been at the bottom of the list for phones even the micro sim card was above it

I was wondering if it was dropped to make room for the OneplusOne 6T???

All replies

• dragon1562

Re: Did T-Mobile stop selling the LG G6

I'm not seeing it on the site or at my nearest T-mobile store so I believe they must have stopped selling it. Which makes sense since LG has already released a plethora of updated products.

• joe1994

That's what I was thinking. What there are two versions of the lg G7 the new LG V40 thin Q plus T-Mobile is selling the one plus 6T. I checked and the only carrier still displaying the LG G6 was Sprint.

• magentatechie

How is your phone doing on the G6 October patch?  It was pretty durn detrimental to mine, at least as far as I can tell- without making any changes, downloading new apps, changing settings, anything at bloody ALL except for downloading the security update, the Bluetooth kept closing (literally would get a "Bluetooth has stopped" and "Bluetooth keeps stopping" message) and the battery started discharging at an alarming pace.  I did all of the normal stuff after an update- factory reset (without automatically restoring settings or apps), blah blah, but no joy. 

I broke down and upgraded to the G7 and I'm thrilled with it, but I feel like LG "pulled an Apple" with me and sent out an upgrade that disabled valuable features on my device.

• joe1994

At first i thought look at TMobile and LG stepping up their security patch game. First came the August security patch (last week of September or around that time) than what first week of November the October security patch showed up.

Now what two weeks in, I am starting to worry. I am having issues with apps crashing, the screen going dark the phone is lowering the brightness and the battery life is horrible I am getting 3_4 hours between charges.

A few days ago I was reading an email and my phone started flickering, two additional pages open and all three where battling for the top spot not to mention there where some strange little wiggly things .

It last October I got the April security patch on my nexus 6 and it died a few months later. I am starting to think October is a bad month for updates and security patches

• tmo_mike_c

I'm not seeing it's available either. Most of the time, when it's removed from the site, there may be a few in store but once those are gone, we won't carry them.

• joe1994

Last time I saw an LG g6 device in a T-Mobile store was the day I got mine and according to the representative or costumer service agent it was the last one and wasn't on their list reorder list or whatever it's called for getting new stock. This raises a new question, okay what replacement devices? Let's say my G6 crashes (which I think is only a matter of time) will T-Mobile have a extra devices set a side for that? Let's say they did but the stock got depleted and my only option is to upgrade to something else which will not be another LG device I absolutely loathe LG devices after the G6. Or my second option is to get an alternative replacement device something that came out in 2017 and is around the same price range, to be honest the phone selection in 2017 for T-Mobile absolutely sucked

• tmo_mike_c

That's a good question. Hopefully you won't have to get a replacement device, but in the occasion that you do there are a couple options. If we do have replacement LG G6 in the warehouse to send, we'll send that. If there's no G6 available, there may be an alternate device we can send instead. I don't know which device that'll be, but we'd know that once you go through the exchange process.