200 MB Domestic Roaming

eandcoen62716

So I travel through Eastern Colorado fairly often and quite a bit of it is 4G LTE Roaming coverage. I know t mobile has a 200 MB data cap for domestic roaming, but I've noticed a couple people say that that isn't strictly enforced. So should I worry too much about my roaming usage or just use it like normal?

Thanks!

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: 200 MB Domestic Roaming

It depends on how often you're roaming when you're using data and how you're using it when you do. I don't see any exceptions to the 200 MB data that'll give you more so I'd recommend using Wi-Fi whenever you can.

• eandcoen62716

I mean it makes sense that they would make a policy and enforce it, but I just don't see why it's 200 MB and it's been that way since 2012! It's like "oh we are gonna have the best unlimited, the fastest network, amazing customer service, and unlimited international roaming. But oh wait, we need to limit roaming to a 10 minute YouTube video while you're in the US." You know what I'm saying? I mean it's not a huge deal, but it's annoying.

• tmo_mike_c

I get your point. T-Mobile's putting more effort into increasing our network footprint instead of having to rely on roaming partners for data coverage. I can't say the domestic data roaming will change so that's Wi-Fi is recommended if you're traveling outside of your normal calling area and need data.

• dragon1562

At the end of the day, it all comes down to money. T-mobile usually gets better rates in places like the EU than they do here which is super ironic I know. Plus T-mobile parent company actually runs their own networks in other places in the world so its kinda like they get away for free when they run on those subsidiaries.