Prepaid support help

magenta6727398

I just got the new one plus 6t and transferred my numbrr from a previous carrier.

I inserted the SIM card and everything is going fine EXCEPT I CANT receive or send text messages.

When people call or text me my OLD phone rings.

T mobile website says a line transfer error and someone will contact me but it's been over a day.

I tried calling prepaid support but ended being on hold for over 8 hours. I fell asleep and woke hp and still no answer.

C'mon guys some help please?

All replies

• magenta6727398

Re: Prepaid support help

Also. On the new phone I can make outgoing calls and my DATA is active.

• magenta6727398

T mobile store was no help whatsoever.

They suggested I upgrade my plan to the 75$ plan. How does that even fix my problem?

• magenta6727398

So I guess nobody uses this website. Thanks for the help

• tmo_chris

I am so sorry you are having so much trouble with your new phone and account. This is no issue of the phone at all but rather a number porting issue. What you are experiencing is called dual service and is normal for the first 24 hours after a port from another carrier. If you are still having this problem, we can totally fix it with a number rebroadcast. If you have a Facebook or Twitter account, please use the links in my signature to message our T-Force team and they will be able to access your account and get the rebroadcast started.

• magenta6737266

Hello! 

This problem is all fixed now! 

Yesterday, I went to our local T-Mobile store in Mishawaka, Indiana. 

They had one of the new OnePlus 6T cell phones in stock. 

They set up my new phone with my T-Mobile account and transferred some data from my old phone to the new one. 

I now have my new cell phone almost all set up! 

Thanks for your good support!  It is much appreciated! 

The T-Mobile store was supposed to have cancelled my original order. 

You may close this trouble ticket at this time. 

Thanks again,

Philip Pritts 

• magenta6737266

Hello again!

OK - Now, I have a new problem!

That first OnePlus 6T order that was supposed to have been cancelled did NOT get cancelled!  It arrived via UPS yesterday (11-16-18).

I now have two identical OnePlus 6T phones!  I have NOT opened the box that this extra phone arrived in.

My credit card now shows TWO charges for TWO OnePlus 6T phones!

I need to return this extra phone that came yesterday and also have the extra charge on my credit card reversed.

What do I do now?

A lady named "Alex" (I'm not sure of the spelling) from your support department was helping me the other day (11-15--18) about what to do about this problem.  We were talking on my other new OnePlus 6T phone that I purchased outright at a T-Mobile store.  She said that you would send me information on the procedure about returning a mistakenly ordered phone.  So far, I have not heard anything about this return policy?  I don't know how to get back in touch with her either?

Can you help me fix this problem??

What should I do now?

Thanks again,

Philip

• tmo_chris

Oh man! Okay, if you do not have the return label that cam with the new phone, you will need to call us again so we can get you one sent out. Once we receive the phone, we will refund the charges.

• magenta6737266

Hi, tmo chris!

I did a message chat session yesterday with a very nice lady.  She

understood my problem and arranged for UPS to send me a return address

label.  I got that label a minute later by email and printed it out.

Just now, I went up to the UPS Service Center in Sturgis, Michigan to

return the package.  The lady behind the counter gave me a receipt for

the returned package and said that the package should reach T-Mobile in

Texas on this Friday or next Monday, depending on the Thanksgiving holiday.

I hope this ends my extra cell phone problem!  I will look forward to

the refund charge on my credit card!

Thanks for all of you guys' help!!

Philip Pritts

...............................................................................

• tmo_chris

Thanks for the update! Sounds like you are good to go

• magenta6737266

Hi Chris (tmo_chris), 

Regarding the discussion above: 

I returned that extra unneeded cell phone (OnePlus 6T) to you on November 18th. 

It was delivered to you on 11-23-18. 

I have a "Proof of Delivery" from UPS. 

The delivery was to Coppell, TX and was received by: TMO GRC

It was left at the "Dock". 

It has been a week now and the charge on my credit card has NOT been refunded yet as of 11-29-18. 

I'm getting nervous, because I will owe this charge to my Barclay Card (VISA) on December 3rd. 

How do we proceed?? 

Thanks again, 

Philip Pritts