Reception / Coverage Issue

febkatie

My whole family switch from Verizon to T-Mobile OnePlus plan few days ago. The reception is Okay but when my husband travels to the work. The reception is totally dead in the other side of the city.

We live in Irvine, California. One side of the zip code 92618 is good around between I-405 & I-5. However, from The Great Park to Portola & Toll Road 133 & 241 area is the dead zone. There are tones of residential communities there, and still building more and more houses. I truly wish T-Mobile can do something. Otherwise, it’s also not good for the business in that area.

Plus the download speed is a lot slower than Verizon. We feel kinda a little bit regret and inconvenient. I’m wondering if T-Mobile can do anything to support it. By the way, I have IPhone X, my husband has iPhone 8plus. The rest of family have iPhones, google p2, iphone7. I dont think it’s the cellphones problem.

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Re: Reception / Coverage Issue

I'm not exactly clear about the are where you are experiencing problems. It's just that I don't know the area. If I look up "Portola" I get the Portola Valley, where no carrier has service. I don't think this is what you are taking about.

I'd suggest that you first look at some independent coverage maps, like CellMapper.net, Sensorly.com or RootMetrics.com and see what other customers experience is the areas in question. It may simply be that T-Mobile does not currently meet your needs and you will have to switch back to Verizon. I would not expect any great improvement in coverage any time soon. T-Mobile has low and mid-band licenses throughout southern California and, while you may expect some marginal improvements with time, nothing game changing can be expected in the short-term.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_chris

Yeah, I can't really locate the area either. Do you have some zip codes for the area? Could you take a screen shot of a Google map and circle some of the areas you are talking about?

• febkatie

4B852B5C-68AA-49C6-9CFF-0A3E316AC893.jpeg

• drnewcomb2

It does look like there are some weak coverage spots in that area. Not lack of towers, Rather, just T-Mobile's typically ultra-conservative network design.

• febkatie

Thanks for ur response!

Interesting...cuz that area is a dead zone for every T-Mobile user I know. My husband’s clients in that area also told us most ppl don’t use T-Mobile in that area because they can’t get receptoon. It’s like known for the residents in that area. That’s not good for their business, cuz its a newer neighborhood and still building tones of houses is that area. Plus the OC great park is right there. T-Mobile could loose lots of business in that dead zone.

I called the customer service yesterday and they will send enginee over to find out what problems are. Hopefully they can get it fixed.

• tmo_amanda

Thank for the update, febkatie! I'm happy to read that you were able to get a ticket filed with our Engineers to take a closer look at the area. It generally takes up to 72 business hours for them to begin looking into this. Please keep us updated if you hear anything back!