Lg Stylus 3 Charging port...

Buy this phone in April i believe, couple months later phone charge slow or not charging at all. Seems to be a common problem for this device, cant access any info about warranty on mytmobile site. I clean the port a few times but no luck. Appreciate your help.

All replies

• dwh367

Re: Lg Stylus 3 Charging port...

I've had mine for 15 months and never had a problem with the USB port on the phone itself.  I have however worn out a couple of charging cables. 

• dc5fan

I have the Stylo 3 Plus. No problems with the port. If it's new it may be still under warranty. Are there any cell phone repair shops near you? I beleive mine might be only worth less than half. I purchased a charger that fits the battery. I think I paid about $10 for it. It was bought from ebay. I have an extra battery for my phones in case I need one in a pinch. Hope that helps.

• snn555

Having had a Stylo 3 in the past and the Stylo 4 presently I would suggest trying to find an original LG Quick Charge or fast charge block and cable. A lot of third-party cables do not charge quickly. This is the same for aftermarket blocks. You need to make sure you have one that is rated for fast charge and try different cables to find a good one that will charge fast as well. I have used aftermarket cables with the OEM block and it not work correctly. I have also use the OEM cable with aftermarket blocks and those also do not work correctly.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              • dc5fan

The aftermarket charger that I bought matched the specs as the LG charger. I keep the charger close by to monitor the battery. My 3 Plus, according to SWAPPA, is now worth less than $100. I don't know what the part and labour will be to replace, but I am guessing about $50.

• tmo_amanda

Hey there!

I'm 100% with snn555 on using the OEM cable and charging block that came with the device. If that doesn't do the trick, here are the steps to Exchange a device under warranty. If you purchased the device brand-new, you usually have a 1 year manufacturer's warranty. If you purchased a certified pre-owned device, you usually have 90 days. All of these time frames are if you do not have insurance or an extended warranty on your phone.