No Service very often.

some81

Hey there,

I and my wife have iPhone 6s and we have the same problem.

When we are at home on WIFI it's ok and then when we go outside we have No service for a long time.

If I've noticed I have to restart my phone couple of time until I get a service this is very frustrating for both of us.

I did restart my network setting a couple of time but this didn't fix our issue.

I'm considering switching from T-mobile to a different provider if I don't fix this issue

We're located in NYC Queens.

All replies

• dragon1562

Re: No Service very often.

Instead of restarting the phone you can just pop the device into airplane mode and then back out of. Also, I believe people on the form may need a little more information about the problem. For starters is it just in one location that this happens? Does anyone else you know have T-mobile and get affected by this issue. If they are having the issue do they also have an iPhone 6s? Is your phone running the latest version of IOS or did this start recently after an update?

So far based off the limited information it sounds like an issue with the device determining the signal is not strong enough to connect to so it goes to no service and stops refreshing itself to check for a connection. Then you forced to restart the device which forces the phone to try and reconnect to the wireless network. The reason you don't have this issue at home on wifi is because of WiFi calling I assume that you have it set up.

Anyway sorry for the 20 questions but I want to get a clearer idea of what's happening and this additional info will be helpful for others on the form to assist you I believe.

• syaoran

Sounds like a device issue or lots of interference from WiFi networks and other radio frequency sources.

• some81

It's a kind of strange to be a device problem. Because and both phones have the same issue.

• syaoran

Not really, because they are Apple devices.  Apple is well known for sending out updates to slow down and impact their devices performance to encourage customers to upgrade.  Have you downloaded one of the many apps to see if anything might potentially interfering?  New York is also one of the many cities across the nation getting upgraded for T-Mobile's band 71 rollout.  One of the legacy bands your device was using might not be available in your area anymore, which brings us back to a device issue.  In and around new technology rollouts, like 600MHz band 71 and 5G, bands like band 2, AWS band 4, and very old and fairly dated spectrum is removed. 

• dragon1562

That is incorrect information, T-mobile doesn't just remove spectrum in an area. What they will do is refarm it. I.e if a phone was only able to connect to band 2 HSPA+ but the market was congested on LTE they may reduce the amount of spectrum allocated to that older standard and put it towards LTE. In his case, this is different since the phone he owns would be fine for T-mobile. I believe its a device issue in that it may be software related. The best thing he could do is find someone that also has T-mobile to test the affected areas with preferably another device. If they don't have an issue than it is device related. Maybe a bad firmware update or something of along those lines. I mean the 6s is getting up there in age as far as phones are concerned.

• syaoran

AWS-3 and the legacy CDMA bands from the original acquisition of MetroPCS are perfect examples of discontinued spectrum.  There was a spectrum swap a long while back to consilidate certain frequencies in certain areas.  We may have LTE on band 4 but AWS is pretty much non-existent.  Band 12, which the iPhone 6 doesn't support, is one of the more commonly rolled out frequencies along with band 71.  Once the Sprint merger is complete, the Sprint CDMA bands will be discontinued in a year or so.

• tmo_chris

Hey some81 

Some pretty important questions were asked here already, and I wanted to see if you had the chance to review them?

Do you know anyone else with T-Mobile that can test their phones in the areas you are having troubles?
                    Is there any area outside of your home WiFi that you do not have these signal issues?