Need to Cancel.

cleverlikeher

I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times but I really cannot seem to figure this out for some reason. I know that sounds dumb but I could really use some help. I need to cancel my service but not sure how one goes about that or how much that is going to cost??

All replies

• gramps28

Re: Need to Cancel.

You need to call Tmobile to cancel service but before you cancel I would unlock your phone(s).

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • smplyunprdctble

Re: Need to Cancel.

Here's your options:

• If you want to flat out cancel and get rid of your number, call 611 from your handset and say "Hey, I need to cancel." -- they may or may not inquire as to why.  Depending on how long you've been a customer, you may have an additional bill (if you're Bill Arrears vs Bill Current).  They can let you know this.  If you DO have an additional bill, you'll get it mailed to you, so make sure your address is current before doing anything.
          • If you want to move your number to a new provider, they do the process of canceling as you port your number.  You'll need your T-Mobile account number and account PIN (this should be a six digit number, I think - maybe longer?).  If you don't know your PIN, call 611, talk to them about your plan to port and that you need to reset your account PIN.  Again, depending on if you're Bill Arrears or Bill Current, you may have a final bill.

T-Mobile does not prorate.  So, if your bill cycle starts on the 4th and you cancel on the 5th, you will be paying a full month for 1 day of service.  Plan your cancel / port accordingly, if possible.  I would recommend porting 2-3 days before the end of your cycle.

1 of 1 people found this helpful