OnePlus6T Dual-Sim

phonegeek

I would love to buy the OnePlus 6T and I probably will, however I really need dual sim support because I have two lines with you guys that I want to use on the same phone. Can you please add dual sim support!?

All replies

• syaoran

Re: OnePlus6T Dual-Sim

I haven't used a OnePlus device, but the Exynos Samsung devices with dual SIM can be made compatible with T-Mobile, including with working WiFi Calling.  Check the XDA Develooer forums for the S9 Plus and the Note 9 for more information. 

• tmo_mike_c

Hey there! I'm not seeing an option for the dual SIM on this one. Sorry if that's not gonna work for you.

• magentatechie

Even though it won't be dual SIM, you can still use two numbers on one device using DIGITS.  Are you familiar with DIGITS?

• syaoran

The dual SIM version is available at oneplus.com but not through T-Mobile.  You could order it from there instead.

• phonegeek

I ended up buying it at the Times Square location NYC. I would buy it from OnePlus but then I can't take advantage of the 50% off with trade in. I am familiar with DIGITS but I have a second mobile data line that I would love to use in addition to my phone line which only has 2gb high speed data and DIGITS only lets you text and call not use data plans from another line I believe. (I have the old simple choice plan which I am only keeping because I get 5 lines for $90 which I achieved by using various promotions from the past) Im sure im not the only one who wants dual sim and I dont see why it wasn't included.

• magentatechie

Ah, I see!  I definitely understand where you're coming from and I apologize for my misunderstanding.  You are right that DIGITS can't be used to utilize one line's data on another device though I definitely see the appeal of having a Mobile Internet SIM as the secondary in the phone.  My best guess would be that (based on folks with whom I have spoken) most who want the dual SIM would be using it as a second phone line for calls and texts and the phone has DIGITS built in.