WEA GOVERNMENT ALERTS

magenta5306296

Hello,

I am not getting government alerts on my iphone 8 plus. I am on the $50 prepaid plan. I know im not getting them because they are coming through on my old phone. I have checked to see and confirmed the alerts are turned on in the phone settings and restarted my phone. Does anyone know why im not getting them. Is it because im using calling and texting over wifi?

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Re: WEA GOVERNMENT ALERTS

Hmm. Let's see if we can get this figured out, magenta5306296! Do you have the "cellular" option enabled? You mentioned that you're utilizing WiFi calling and texting so I just want to be sure that you're also connected to our network. Is your old phone also on our network?

• magenta5306296

Re: WEA GOVERNMENT ALERTS

Yea, I have cellular enabled. under the cellular setting section cellular data is on and WiFi calling is on. When I’m connected to WiFi it always says T-Mobile WiFi. When I lose connection (WiFi) I always autk connect to lte. I have tried turning government alerts on and off and reatarting my phone as suggested in other threads. My old phone is a slide keyboard phone thag I just use as an alarm. It isn’t connected to any networks but it will get government alerts.