REVVL not showing my wifi in list

kpmolz

Yesterday I got a free REVVL as part of the 100 dollar towards your service deal that includes a free smart phone.. only with this phone however it does not even show my opt online wifi in the network list and it won't even pop up when I scan for wifi. On my other devices there's no issue and it shows up. I've literally tried everything and the only thing I could think of was that this phone doesn't support 5ghz speed WiFi and if that's the case I'm pissed as hell because it's caused me such an inconvenience that I just was forced to upgrade my plan to an unlimited high speed data plan as opposed to unlimited data( but limited high speeds/4gigs) and it went from 45 a month to like 75 a month because I had no other choice and came to the conclusion that the wifi on this phone is purposely not supporting 5ghz speeds so you're forced basically to buy more high speed data since common wifi networks aren't even appearing specifically just on this device ... THIS IS BS. ANOTHER SCAM TO GET ME TO SHELL OUT MORE MONEY CAUSE THEY KNOW I RELY ON WI-FI

All replies

• snn555

Re: REVVL not showing my wifi in list

Why can't you use 2.4 gigahertz Wi-Fi? Pretty much every router in the world supports that.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • smplyunprdctble

Just about every router supports 2.4GHz.  Turn that band on.

2.4GHz gives you distance and wall penetration on your router.  5GHz gives you speed, but really only works within a room or so.  So, unless you have a mesh network of 5GHz in almost every room of your home, you're not going to be getting the best performance out of your connected devices.  (My Roku TV never got a decent signal on 5GHz from my router that was probably 20 linear feet away but had a floor and wall between -- but worked great with 2.4GHz)

....I don't think I've seen a 5GHz only router for this specific reason...

• tmo_amanda

Hey, kpmolz.

snn555 and smplyunprdctble both make really great points about 2.4 GHz. As far as 5.0, I searched high and low and couldn't find a definite answer. This is what I was able to find on the REVVL: