Problems using Sprint phones on T-Mobile Network

cathym924

Does anyone know why I cannot get my Samsung S6 or iPhone 5 to work on T-Mobile network?  They are previous Sprint phones and I was told by Sprint that they have both been unlock domestically and internationally.  I tried two different sims (one I know for sure is active and works because I took it out of my main phone ).  On the galaxy S6 it says "invalid SIM" and on the iphone 5 it says "The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server.  This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone.  Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier.  Please contact Apple for more information."  I have been into the T-Mobile store several times and they have been unable to help me get either of these phones working on their network.  Thank you!

All replies

• dragon1562

Your phone is still locked to Sprint. Even if they were unlocked the iPhone 5 would not be a good phone to use with T-mobile since it lacks support for bands 2,4,12,66, & 71. That's pretty much the whole LTE network. Your S6 is slightly better off but not by much. I would suggest buying a phone no later than the 6s when it comes to Apple and as far as Android devices from Samsung no later than the S7. Although in the Android space there are better options if your heart is not deadset with sticking with Samsung.

• kwas156

I had the same problem. Sprint insisted that my S6 was unlocked. It took nearly six months of repeated calls to Sprint until I found someone that hit the right switch. Here is my original thread...Invalid Sim