My T-mobile app for prepaid

jtb4980

The My T-mobile app hasn't worked for almost a month. I called 611 and they said it doesn't work with prepaid accounts. Is this true?

All replies

• dc5fan

Re: My T-mobile app for prepaid

Somebody forgot to tell me! I have a Pay As You Go $3 a month for 13 months. There have been times that it was down for certain reasons. I got my app from the Google Play Store. My current version is 7.3.1.6 . To check your version go to APPS> look for T-Mobile and underneath it should give the version. You might want to uninstall the app and go to the Play Store and reinstall. Are you using your phone service?  When I go to PREPAID REFILL I have to use my WiFi to add money (using a credit card as I don't use refill cards) to finish out the transaction. I will check here if it will help.

• dc5fan

jtb4980: I pray, and hope, I haven't "pooped in my mess kit"! Just got off the phone with CS (611), and she said the same thing the agent told you that the T-Mobile app does not work on prepaid account. Man! I hope they don't shut me off! We'll see.

• smplyunprdctble

The documentation at T-Mobile My Account app  suggests prepaid works with the app, based on wording.

• jtb4980

Sorry I forgot to mention the app for iOS. It seems odd to have an app that would not work for all customers.

• dc5fan

I have only owned smartphones. I had some issues with Apple several years ago.

• tmo_mike_c

What iOS version are you using on your phone? When you try to use the app, do you get some kind of error message?

• jtb4980

>

• jtb4980

IMG_0014.PNG

• tmo_mike_c

Have you already tried to uninstall/reinstall? What version of the app is showing when you download it?

• jtb4980

Yes I reinstalled a few times and actually just setup up a new phone yesterday and it still doesn't work. I'm not sure what version it is it's the latest that's in the App Store.

• dc5fan

My app stopped working this morning. I tried a couple of minutes ago to reinstall, and that doesn't work either. I just did a FORCED TO STOP. I am taking it that the app is not for prepaid accounts. I'll look for that list of short codes. I'm ok with that.

• tmo_amanda

Hey Everyone!

We did a bit more digging and did find this to be true for most prepaid accounts. We're in the process of upgrading the MyT-Mobile App experience for our prepaid users which will hopefully provide more options than you had before. Sorry you weren't notified a head of time, however, while we're fixing it up, you can have a few other ways you can manage your account here.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                • dc5fan

Perfect! I went through the list, especially the area for Prepaid.  I am a little irritated that I got the app working, the site broke down some days ago, and the app stopped working. Now I cannot get the app deleted. How many T-Mobile customers use Prepaid accounts? However, I am glad that T-Mobile is going to repair the app. Thanks!

• magenta6771855

There is absolutely no acceptable reason not to notify users when an app is disabled for an entire class of customers.  I'm a prepaid customer - in addition to the app not working, I haven't been able to get the website to work for about three weeks. 

When I called 1 (800) 866-2453 on the phone earlier I was notified that the app no longer works for prepaid accounts.  There are easily four different ways T-Mobile could have told me this - they have my phone number, my e-mail address, my mailing address, and whatever app permissions I gave them initially.  (Or they could have just posted a notice on the website remarking upon the change, so that's actually five.)

The first woman I talked to told me I had to pay for next month in order to talk to technical support.  When I protested because my plan is not due for 5 or 6 days, she told me it was optional.  The "technical support" woman I talked to wanted to change my rate plan so they could troubleshoot the website, and tried to convince me that I could change my plan back if I didn't like the new rate plan.  Something fishy is going on, and as much as I love my stupid-cheap prepaid T-Mobile plan, I'm looking for a new carrier immediately.  Seems like they're trying to push us out of existence.