Device replacement - store closed? Service failure

magenta5852582

My iphone 7 completely died over the weekend and I initially had a great customer service experience with T-Mobile experts on Sunday. The rep let me pick a store for delivery of my replacement device. I awaited my device's delivery on the second business day after my inital call, and when my device was delivered to the store, I received an email just after 7:30 pm letting me know I could pick up the replacement phone. The store closes at 8:00 pm and is about 20 minutes from my house, so I decided to wait until the next morning to pick it up (day #4 of no phone). When I arrived to the store at 10:00 am when the store was scheduled to open, I was surprised to discover that the store was closed for renovations for two days, leaving me without an option to pick up my device. I had to miss several hours of work for this planned phone swap, so not knowing of the closure was more than a mere inconvenience.tmobile closure.jpg

Yes, the photo is crappy, because it was taken on an extremely crappy old phone of my husband's that no one wants anymore that I have to use while my iPhone is out of commission, and I can't get the replacement device that I've been paying for the protection plan to ensure I get!

Why did T-Mobile deliver my device to a store that would be closed for renovations? To add insult to injury, I am now receiving emails from T-Mobile reminding me to pick up my device and advising me that if I don't, my order will be canceled. To say the least, this makes me feel like using words I'm sure would be censored here for appropriateness.

What a customer service fail. T-Mobile doesn't even know when its own stores will be closed! I definitely would not recommend T-Mobile to a friend based on this experience.

All replies

• lmaocean

Hi there magenta5852582!

I understand your frustration completely and wish that this had not happened in the first place. I'd like to help you with solving this problem, if you have not gotten a resolution yet.

First things first, have you had a chance to contact a T-Mobile representative over the phone or online through myT-Mobile? It is very crucial that you explain to someone who has the capability to assist you immediately. I'm unfortunately not a T-Mobile rep, so the only thing I can help you with is to give some advise or basic how-to's. Remember! 611 from a T-Mobile device, or 1800TMOBILE from a non-T-Mobile device.

Next, please make sure that the store that you have ordered the iPhone to is the correct store you have visited. Sounds dumb! but It has happened before, so we just want to double check and make sure!

Please try these steps to remedy your situation, and if it fails, come back! The community can definitely assist you.

Thanks!

• magenta5852582

"Next, please make sure that the store that you have ordered the iPhone to is the correct store you have visited. Sounds dumb! but It has happened before, so we just want to double check and make sure!"

Yes, of course I was at the correct store, as I was able to pick up the replacement device from that store after it re-opened from its scheduled renovation closure. The problem was T-Mobile's unacceptable internal communication failure. There is no place to provide written customer feedback so hopefully a T-Mobile customer service representative reads this thread as I originally intended.

• lmaocean

Thanks for replying. I apologize for being misinformed. I completely understand the frustration of having to wait for your device, and hope that T-Mobile will work to improve their communication with customers.