Razer phone signal strength issues

magenta6537937

I recently purchased the RAZER phone made by RAZER INC.  I am having issues with receiving service in the building where I work.  The signal is attainable at random spots, but not in the office I sit. I contacted T-Mobile and was told that the antenna in the phone is too weak to receive signals from their towers. This seems highly unlikely to me as it is a newer phone that was only made last year. Does anyone else have this phone, and if so, do you have any issues with signal strength?

All replies

• magenta6031281

Re: Razer phone signal strength issues

Yeah me with the same phone you didnt  buy!!!! Your in my account, you stole the phone, one of the buildings is basement of American Legion in Port Townsend WA, is that were you tried, not at work, they have to let you have access to WiFi stupid.  You never purchased anything in your most rotten life, give me phone back return it to me please or hit the brick wall that has your name on it, I promise you will and I wont have to lift a finger     

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_mike_c

This is tough because there are a few things we'll need to make sure of in order for your phone to work. First, we'll need to make it support the bands on our network. We'll also need to see what coverage we're projecting you should get from our coverage map. Have you ever gotten signal since you started service?

• magenta6537937

Yes, I only have issues inside of buildings. Otherwise service is fine.

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

• tmo_mike_c

Hmm. Have you looked up the coverage map and entered the exact address? I'm curious what your projected coverage is. This may be a place we'll need to have a Service Complaint filed for to get resolved.

• magenta6537937

Yes sir. The address is covered and I've also spoken with customer support on the issue. I was told that the issue is with my phone's antenna, but the bands it's approved for are the same ones they said it doesn't have capability for.  The address is 4881 sugar maple drive and it is on a military installation.

• tmo_mike_c

I checked out the coverage and I see what you mean. Is this the only address you're having trouble with or other places as well? It's possible it's the phone since we can't guarantee Non-T-Mobile phones will connect to our network like the ones we sell. If it's got the option, you may wanna try flipping it over to 2G or 3G to see if the signal is better indoors?

• magenta6537937

For example, this is a 6 story building. I work in the bottom floor. The top floor allows me to get full LTE however at the bottom floor most spots have no signal while others have full LTE. At times the matter of inches to feet is the difference of full signal and no signal leading me to believe it is not the building or the phone at fault.  I have a hard time believing it to be the phone as it is able to receive signal in spots regardless of the strength. I am no expert, but to me a matter of inches shouldn't determine full and no signal.

This phone actually only works on select bands/Ghz which is the reason for my having chosen T Mobile, so again, I don't believe the less than a year old model phone wouldn't have the modern capability to receive a signal on an approved network band. My issue is that the map shows full coverage and that is misleading if inside of a building the signal is spotty.

Lastly, it was not told or mentioned to me by the T Mobile representative that I would potentially have any issues with the signal. In fact, the representative  validated that the phone is able to work on their networks and  mentioned that other T Mobile users at the base have zero issues with coverage. I won't get into the importance of being able to utilize my cell phone at work right now, but I need a reliable carrier that allows me 24/7 connectivity.

• tmo_mike_c

I agree that it seems unlikely that this is an issue with the phone based on what you're saying is happening. I do have to mention this to you since it does sound like you're using a Non-T-Mobile phone. With that being said, signal does depend on line of sight so on lower levels of the building, it's not uncommon for folks to have some troubles with getting signals in areas like that. Our coverage map is an estimation of signal at any given area. There are some instances where the building itself may cause some issues with signal. We totally understand having reliable service is important. I feel like the best way to get a Service Complaint filed for that building. That'll get our engineers to check out the coverage in that area to see what can be done to get you better service there.

• magenta6537937

As an additional update. I have allowed an AT&T user to place their SIM card in my phone and received full bars of service in the areas that I am having issues with. Also, a separate coworker mentioned that they used to have T Mobile and have since switched due to lack of signal strength with an iPhone 10. It seems to be that the service advertised for T Mobile is not what it claims to be. The fact that the professionals at T Mobile have attempted to place blame on my device on now 3 separate occasions is a dissapointing experience.

• slin7951850

I was having the same issue with dropped calls and calls not coming through to the Razer Phone 2.   What I found was turning off the setting "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode" corrected the issue.   Apparently what was happening was when the phone went to LTE+ during a call it would drop the call and if it was in LTE+ no calls would come through.  Turning off that setting in Mobile Network has made my phone work much better for calls on the Tmobile network.