What's wrong with my Call Log?

magenta6496196

I heard a beep on my phone a couple of seconds ago, pulled down the Alerts screen and saw that I had a Voicemail message.

This despite the fact that the Green Phone Icon had no little number in the top hand right corner to tell me anyone had called me.

I pulled up my Call Log, on my phone, and there are no phone calls coming in, from anyone, listed for the last two days.  And I know that a couple of days ago I deleted like 7 voice mail messages that I didn't know I had, either, so I know that my voicemail was empty at that time.

So, I tapped the button to call Voicemail, and it turned out I had three voice mail messages.

I'm never told by the Voicemail voice when a call came in - which is another frustration.

So here's my question.

How can I have incoming calls that do not show up on the green phone icon with a little yellow number?  (I just called myself from another phone number - the phone rang and I got that little yellow number(.

And how can my Call Log not show that I had any phone calls in the last two days when I clearly must have had some?

And more urgently, what can I do to fix this problem?

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Re: What's wrong with my Call Log?

Hi, magenta6496196!

This is super strange but not unheard of. It's possible that the call went directly to voicemail instead of ringing then going to voicemail. If that's the case, you wouldn't have a missed call notification but instead only a voicemail notification. Did this happen at home? Were you connected to WiFi? Lastly, has this happened again within the past two days?

• tmo_mike_c

Has this call log issue been resolved? Please give us a reply and let us know.

• hobbit

Were the voicemails from callers you know, or advertising?

There's this insidious practice called "no-ring voicemail broadcast" that some

marketing companies are doing.  Ex: opencallcentre.org ... if you like seeing

just how sleazy such people can get.  It requires a certain type of arrangement

with the target telco(s), usually a server connected to the internet that the

senders can dump audio messages and recipient numbers straight into,

that eventually gets to the voicemail server.  At least that's how I last

understood how it worked; I haven't looked into this for a while.

Hopefully T-Mo prohibits such practices and does NOT accomodate that

nonsense, and what you saw was just a network hiccup that had you

offline when people called...