Device Protection Claim Issue

magenta6479604

I filed a claim with Assurant due to lost of phone, but I feel like my claim is just sitting there without anyone looking into it. When I filed my claim, I got a message saying it will take 1-2 days to complete, so I waited for 2 days, but nothing happen, so I called T-Mobile customer service, and I was told that there is nothing they can do to help me out other than transfer me to Assurant. Before the transfer, I informed customer service that I reached out to Assurant over the phone since I didn’t hear anything from them, and I was hoping the representative can try to help me out with this by talking to Assurant rep, but no, instead, the customer service rep at T-Mobile just transferred my call to Assurant.

Now I am being told to wait for another 3-5 days. It seems like no one can give me an answer as to how long exactly it takes for this whole claim to be process. I am very upset with the way how this is handle. Does anyone have any suggestion as to how I should proceed with this claim process?

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Re: Device Protection Claim Issue

Hey, magenta6479604!

We want to do our best to keep you connected after losing your phone. Assurant is a third-party company and we do not have access to your insurance claim or the handling of it. At this point, the best piece of advice that we can offer is to remain in contact with Assurant. If there was a way for us to speed up the process on our end, we would definitely do that. I'm truly sorry that I don't have a better answer for you.