Unknown people joining your group text messages???

lee29229

My daughters and I have had an ongoing group text thread. Today, no different from before, one of my girls attached a picture to share with us. We never received the picture; but instead she received a random message from a CA number that apparently received her text. That person then added several more CA 209#s to the message. All sharing her photo. All of this unbeknownst to me. We didn't see any of these until she screenshoted the messages to us. One person even tried to call her, sent her an altered photo with him in it with an eggplant emoji. The Hiya app identified him as a Johnny. These ppl are not contacts of hers and we have no idea who they are. I told her to delete the thread. I called TMobile and they said they had no idea what happened but with technology today anything can happen. All she can do is block numbers as they come in. Very scary and an invasion of privacy!!!!

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Hi, lee29229!

This isn't the first time I've heard of this happening and yes, it's pretty creepy if you ask me. I've also seen posts where this is happening with multiple providers. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this. To start, what type of phones are you and your daughters using?  Are you using the stock messaging app or are you all using Hiya? If you're all using Hiya, I'd recommend switching to the stock messaging app to see if this happens there as well.

• drmilan

Am getting a lot of those too everyday and it is so annoying - I added those random numbers to be "NEVER ALLOWED" in T mobile's

Family Allowances but these random senders with random numbers keep texting.