t mobile calls dropping after iOS 12.0.1

dwarner59

As soon as the ios 12.0.1 update was complete for my iphone 7s all my wireless calls have been dropping.  To date no wi fi calls have dropped.  It almost looks as if as soon has the signal status has changed from full to something  else(3,2 or 1 bar) the call drops.   Last night I had a call drop 4 times in about 3 minutes. 

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: t mobile calls dropping after iOS 12.0.1

Ah, that's no good, but we're here to help. Is this happening in a specific area or areas? Do the calls drop with only certain numbers? Is this a phone you got from T-Mobile or did you buy it unlocked? There's a chance we'll need to have you backup and restore the device but that's a last resort.

• dwarner59

It has nothing to do With my number or my area. It’s quite

clear. As soon as I upgraded to iOS 12.0.1 calls drop. Happens all the time.

I cant pin point the root cause but it looks like whenever i switch from wi Fi mode to Mobil i get the drop and also when the bar strength changes. For example if I go from 4 bars back to 2 the call drops. I place the call again at 2 bars and it’s fine. But if I go back to full Bars and switch again it drops.  I can’t say for certain this is  root cause but it’s clear the call stability was affected by the ios upgrade.  The other line on my account is having the same issue ((even if we call each other).

Ive don’t a restore and updated all the apps but still had the same issue (still at 12.0.1)

• tmo_mike_c

That's super strange. I haven't seen and reports of this update causing this issue. If there's no trend with specific numbers or an area, we'd need to have you file a Trouble Ticket with are Team of Experts. I'd mention that this issue only started with the update so our engineers can look into this further for a solution.

• tmo_mike_c

Hello again.

Please let us know if you've reached out to our Team of Experts for that ticket. Thanks!

• bodean1

Same issue here.

I'm about done with T-Mobile to be honest with you. All the "free b's" to compensate for their problematic network not going to keep me around much longer.

Iphone 7+

12.0.1, carrier T-Mobile 33.0

Same issue you have.

• tmo_chris

Hey bodean1

I know that dropped calls are the last thing anyone wants to deal with. tmo_mike_c recommended that the OP contact our Team of Experts over the phone. Have you had a chance to do this also?

• androidz32015

I've notice the same since I've heared of the merger with sprint??? I've noticed slow data speeds and more dropped calls, I'm thinking the big red very soon..my iPhone xs max 512 gb is from apple store factory unlocked luckily I always buy my devices unlocked so I'm not tied down to a network but mines on 12.0.1 but noticed this last few months and in really close to los Angeles where service should be top notch??? Well maybe not lol

• tmo_chris

androidz32015 - If you have some specific locations for those slow speeds and dropped calls, or team of experts folks over the phone can get some support tickets opened up for this.

• androidz32015

I thank you for the reply but that's all you t mobile people do is jyst say do a trouble ticket and nothing gets done, also t mobile needs to train customer service representatives they haven't the clue to nothing they tell me to remove the battery out of my iphone????????????? Uh are they educated???????????? Non removable battery, but long beach California area of long beach shoreline marina area and inland 7 miles terrible t mobile service, I switched to Verizon on my personal line to Verizon and service is perfect down thier... sorry to leave t mobile but my line in officially done with t mobiles promises and lied tv commercials how they claim that are not!!!!!!!! But one my wife's e.i.p. is finished soon I'm moving her line to my Verizon account even she's saying t mobile lags, where she works in Los Angeles area. Uhhhhhhh big city's t mobile should be good???? Maybe not. But I thank you for the reply.

• dwarner59

I restored my phone from the backup prior to the iOS upgrade.  After the restore (12.0.1 was still installed) all the apps were updated again.  My calls quit dropping.  Somehow when that T mobile Carrier 33 got reinstalled everything seemed to work again