RCS expansion

magenta2702922

Anybody know when phones beyond Galaxy S& will get real RCS support?

All replies

• dragon1562

Re: RCS expansion

That timetable really depends on the OEM to push out the updates for their native texting apps. So the short answer is it depends and is just speculation.

• magenta2702922

It was my understanding that all new Samsung phones including my S8 have RCS capability and that it is now up to T-moble to activate universal profile so that it works with other systems, not just T-mobile. They started with S7's about a month ago and promised more, but nothing so far.

• dragon1562

I apologize for the misunderstanding. I thought you were just asking about phones in general. Anywho the point still stands the phone manufacturers must work with T-mobile to get these features built into the devices. The S8 does use RCS but I am unsure if it is the actual universal profile. I think you still need the other person to have a T-mobile device that is compatible for it to work. Regardless I would not worry because even if the universal profile gets switched on for all T-mobile phones interplay between characters is still iffy for a while.

• tmo_mike_c

As we continue to launch phones, the RCS feature will be listed on each individual devices page. You can check for it in the individual device's tech spec pages.