Cancel Tmobile service but...

Because monthly payment is quite high for a line using. I pay around 50$/month for unlimited talk, text, and 500MB data. So I want to stop using Tmobile service and switch to other service, but the thing is I am not the line owner, I pay monthly payment but the name on the bill is the line owner name, not my name. I completely CANNOT contact with line owner. I has lost contact with him for around 5 years. Therefore, I cannot release my line out of his line to cancel the service. What should I do now?

All replies

• gramps28

Re: Cancel Tmobile service but...

You basically have two options.

1: Contact Tmobile about a change of responsibility and hopefully Tmobile can contact the account

holder for you.

Transfer account or line ownership

2: Quit paying on the account and just start new service with a new provider.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • barcodeable

with the capabilities of the internet... you can find anybody with a click of a button. And if you can’t find him, im sure you can locate his brother or sister or mom and dad. My neighbors dog have his own facebook account...lol. If you stop paying on the account, your friend will get the bill and if he doesn’t pay the bill will go into collections and ruin his credit. I would encourage you to take 30 minutes out of your day and search your friends name up online and see if you can find him. If you are not that savvy with looking someone up on the internet ask a friend for some guidance. It’s worth a shot. And if you can’t locate him... then go to hour plan B.

• gramps28

What kind of person has a person on their account, charging them $50 a month for unlimited talk and text and 500mb of data on a family plan

and hasn't contacted them in 5 years and probably has changed the plan to a cheaper plan deserves to have the op dump his part of the plan.

The account holder has it easier to keep in contact with the op , sounds like the pah is taking advantage of the op.

barcodeable wrote:

If you stop paying on the account, your friend will get the bill and if he doesn’t pay the bill will go into collections and ruin his credit.

Actually he is not my friend, he is just a guy that I know when I first come to U.S. He helped me open a phone line under his name for I  did not have enough needed document to open one. I did not know anything about phone service, therefore, he helped me do everything. Then I lost contact with him after few months. I did not know that if I want to stop using service, I need him. Therefore, I just kept using service without knowing that. Now, I want to stop using service and switch to other service, I cannot keep my current number for I cannot contact him for needed information. I have to use a new phone number. Now I am using Mint Mobile. I just need to pay $20/month for first 3 months, then $15/month for 1 year prepaid. This plan is much cheaper than my Tmobile plan and it is unlimited text, talk, and 2GB per month. This is the reason I decided to switch service.

• tmo_mike_c

I can totally understand wanting to get the best deal possible. Sorry to hear that wasn't with us. I do agree that getting the plan moved over to yourself or canceled would need to be done through the owner of the account. That's a bummer you're unable to reach them but the reason we need them is to protect the account from authorized changes. It would work the same way if it was under your name. No one could make a change like that without your permission.