Pixel 3 & Pixel 3 XL

zerfear

I could not find any information on if T-mobile is going to offer the new Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL as a phone option. Does anyone know?

Also if T-Mobile is not going to offer it as one of their phones will they still support it if a customer gets it somewhere else?

All replies

• magentatechie

Re: Pixel 3 & Pixel 3 XL

While T-Mobile will not directly offer the Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL, it will be supported on the network.

Pop Quiz, Hot Shot: Who’s got the fastest network for the new Pixel? (Hint: It’s not Verizon) | T-Mobile Newsroom

• lbstorey12

I just received my Pixel 3. I have tried getting it tonrecognito my sim card but it will not do it. Is there another way to verify my network? Has anyone else had issues getting the phone to recognize you T-Mobile SIM? Thanks!

• itspronouncedfee

I walked into a TMO store yesterday asking if I could get my eSIM activated on my PX3 and they looked at me completely dumbfounded and had no idea what an eSIM was. They then grabbed me a nano sim and proceeded to charge me $27 for it. Seriously, charging for a sim is outrageous especially if you already have service with the carrier, what's more upsetting is that I could avoided all of this if they knew what an eSIM was. Does TMO not support eSIMs or are their sales associates just poorly educated and aren't very good at their jobs?

• magenta4424733

My Pixel 3XL arrived on Thursday (ordered directly from Google) and getting it setup involved nothing more than transferring the SIM card from my old Note 8 to the new Pixel.  I've been a long-time Samsung user but I have to say I'm really enjoying this new phone.

From what I understand, unless you purchased your Pixel 3 directly from Google then your phone will be SIM-locked to Verizon and must be activitated first on their network before the device can be unlocked.  This includes Pixel 3s purchased directly from Best Buy.  I did read a few articles yesterday that indicated Verizon has since reversed course and may be unlocking these devices.

According to the link below to Apple's website, T-Mobile does support eSIM but maybe they aren't ready to support it with the Pixel 3 since the device is not being released through T-Mobile.  I didn't inquire about the eSIM because I transferred my existing SIM.

Find wireless carriers that support eSIM - Apple Support

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • lbstorey12

I was able to get it working after getting some help from T-MOBILE support. I actually had to get a new SIM altogether. But it's been working wonders after that. T-MOBILE online support was amazing and sent me a new SIM right away.

I bought directly from Google so I can't speak on behalf of any other reseller like Best Buy.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • itspronouncedfee

Yes, my phone was bought directly from google and is definitely not carrier locked. After chatting with TMO CS they said they do not support eSIM at all (not even on the iPhone at least according to the chat rep). They are planning to in the future.

I'm still upset that I had to pay $27 for a sim for a service I already had! No, I could not use my old sim because it was a micro sim and not a nano sim; sure I could sit there and cut it down and risk damaging it (because you do have to cut into the contact points when cutting down from micro to nano - unlike regular to micro) and doing so I would have wasted time and end up getting another sim regardless.

The point is if they supported eSIM I would not have had to go through this ordeal and if TMO prides itself in CS they should not have charged $27 for a sim that cost them nothing to a customer who has been with them for over 16 years! I've never once had to pay for a sim card anywhere let alone TMO and suddenly now they're gouging their loyal customers? No, that's not right at all.

• jigsaw525

I would call 1-800-TMOBILE and ask for a refund.  I have several times and they credited my account the amount of the SIM.  I agree with you completely and the SIM fee is another fee, which was originally 10, then 20 then 25ish.  Supporting eSIMs would be ideal in my opinion.  Since the new iPhone has it, hopefully the Pixel 2/3 would be supported as well.