Galaxy Watch LTE paring with Non-Samsung Phone

oblivionknight

Hi, I am getting no definitive help from anyone. I got a Galaxy Watch (42mm) a few months ago and has been trying to activate the mobile network so it could connect with my LG V30. I just want to know if it is possible because I could not find any information. I made sure it was on the right plan, reset the watch a lot of times, and even reinstalled the applications.

All replies

• magentatechie

It's definitely possible, and please don't be offput by the length of the instructions for I am thorough and long winded.  The whole process takes about 10 minutes as long as you have everything required.

To start, if you haven't already, get a T-Mobile ID (by logging in to my.t-mobile.com and setting up your online account) to make managing DIGITS easier, make sure that you have a PAH (primary account holder) indicator on one of the lines on the account or else DIGITS won't work properly.

Next, you must enable Multiple Line Settings on your phone line.  Log in to my.t-mobile.com, click Profile (upper right), Multiple Devices, select your phone number from the drop down box, then turn on the switch to activate multiple line settings.  This allows your phone number to be shared with the watch.

Do you have a line of service set up for the watch already?  If it is not a Data with Paired DIGITS, it will need to be migrated over.  You will need to reach out to 611, Messaging, or T-Force to do this.

If you do already have a Data with Paired DIGITS line, make sure it is paired to your mobile line.  Do this by logging in to the DIGITS portal, select the DIGITS line, under Paired DIGITS, select the desired primary line and click Save.

Ready for the fun part?

If you already use a Galaxy S6 or higher, awesome! This will be a smidge easier for you!  If you do not, bum one from a friend.  (The store may be able to help you here if you don't know anyone with a compatible device, be sure to take these instructions along to the store).

What you'll need:

Galaxy Watch

Samsung Galaxy S6 or later for initializing the network, SIM card for use on primary phone line

WiFi Network connection

EID Number or eSIM (can be found on watch box or by navigating to Settings>About Watch>Device Information)

Connect both devices to WiFi network; for the watch, this can be found at Settings>Connections>WiFi

Activate eSIM or EID, you will need to be with care for this step.  Call 611, use the Message Us link, or reach out to T-Force via Facebook or Twitter.

Pair watch and Galaxy phone via Bluetooth.

The app should take you through a network setup for the watch.  It will ask you to verify the PAH's last 4 digits of SSN.  If you have a DIGITS line, select Already have a wearable plan. (If you activated the EID, you should have one now)

After the watch has rebooted and shows service, remove the user’s SIM from the Galaxy phone and place back in actual phone.

Open the Wearable app on the regular phone and pair to watch using Bluetooth. (Alternatively, you can go on the watch to Settings>Connect to New Phone)

DO NOT PANIC.  The watch will show “Resetting”.  It is only removing the Galaxy phone information and the network activation will still be fine!

The LTE is now activated.  You can turn off Bluetooth and the watch and device will still be connected through DIGITS!  Now you can make and receive calls and texts to your watch, even when you aren't near your phone!

Again, I know it's a lot but it's the only way to get the LTE going on a non-Samsung device. Let us know how it goes!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_mike_c

From what I've gathered, you'd need to have a compatible device in order to use the cellular service. If you're looking to use the LG V30 with Bluetooth, it should work just fine.

1 of 1 people found this helpful