Terrible reception

pandaface69

Been with Tmobile since 2000. Reception gets worse and worse over the years. I can't make calls in my house, outside my house, in my vehicle, at my work, anywhere. This is my only phone and it's very frustrating. I have an LG G6 that is a little over a year old. What gives Tmobile?? Thinking about switching providers as no one else seems to have this problem

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Re: Terrible reception

Where are you located and have you checked your phone's settings to make sure that VoLTE is not disabled?

• pandaface69

VoLTE is enabled. I live in Boxford, work in Danvers Massachusetts. I had the same issues when I lived in Salem too.

On Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 3:18:11 PM EDT, drnewcomb2 <no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote: 

|

T-Mobile Support

|

Terrible reception

reply from drnewcomb2 in Network & coverage - View the full discussion

Where are you located and have you checked your phone's settings to make sure that VoLTE is not disabled?

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on T-Mobile Support

Start a new discussion in Network & coverage by email or at T-Mobile Support

Following Terrible reception in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by T-Mobile Support because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from T-Mobile Support, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

• drnewcomb2

Does your phone show a strong or weak signal? How well does data work? All I can think of is something wrong with the phone.

• pandaface69

The signal varies. The data works better than the wifi most of the time.

On Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 4:30:39 PM EDT, drnewcomb2 <no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote: 

|

T-Mobile Support

|

|

Terrible reception

Does your phone show a strong or weak signal? How well does data work? All I can think of is something wrong with the phone.

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on T-Mobile Support

You may unsubscribe instantly from T-Mobile Support, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

|

• tmo_chris

pandaface69 What are some ZIP codes where you get weak signal? Have you reported these poor coverage areas to our tech care folks over the phone?

• pandaface69

01921, 01923, 01970, 01833, 01949, 01983. No, I have not reported this to techs, I get really aggravated when I try and call Tmobile

• tmo_chris

My goodness! That is quite the large area to be having issues. Is there any area where you get good coverage? Do you know anyone else with T-Mobile? If so, are they able to get signal in areas that you cannot?

• pandaface69

my family has same issues with tmobile. too many dead zones and/or poor reception around here.

On Friday, October 5, 2018, 7:01:09 PM EDT, tmo_chris <no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote: 

|

T-Mobile Support

|

|

Terrible reception

reply from tmo_chris in Network & coverage - View the full discussion

My goodness! That is quite the large area to be having issues. Is there any area where you get good coverage? Do you know anyone else with T-Mobile? If so, are they able to get signal in areas that you cannot?

|

• tmo_mike_c

Chris asked some really good questions. Can you give us a reply back so we can give more guidance on how to get this resolved? Thanks!

• drnewcomb2

One question I have not yet seen asked or answered (excuse me if it has been) is what make and model phones are involved?

• pandaface69

Three of us have LG G6, one blackberry classic(which has the better reception) and a windows phone (not sure of model). I do have pretty decent reception in Amesbury. It is frustrating, because when I make a call, it looks like I have good signal, but everyone complains or hangs up because they can't hear me

• drnewcomb2

If the LG G6 is the T-Mobile H872 model, I'm at a loss to explain the problem. According to the information I have, the Blackberry Classic (USA model) lacks LTE band 12, which could be an issue. I can't make any comment about the Windows phone since we don't know the make or model.

The thing is that if this were a general problem with T-Mobile in your area, we'd be seeing hundreds of complaints about the service there but we aren't. This makes me suspect that there's something specific to your phones, usage or situation that is involved.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                    • pandaface69

They are T-Mobile phones. The blackberry gets the best reception, which is odd. Maybe people don't think to complain and just figure it's the way it is with T-Mobile - I have thought that for years now.

On Tuesday, October 9, 2018, 6:29:37 AM EDT, drnewcomb2 <no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote: 

|

T-Mobile Support

|

|

Terrible reception

If the LG G6 is the T-Mobile H872 model, I'm at a loss to explain the problem. According to the information I have, the Blackberry Classic (USA model) lacks LTE band 12, which could be an issue. I can't make any comment about the Windows phone since we don't know the make or model.

The thing is that if this were a general problem with T-Mobile in your area, we'd be seeing hundreds of complaints about the service there but we aren't. This makes me suspect that there's something specific to your phones, usage or situation that is involved.

|

• pandaface69

Should I bring my phone to Tmobile and see if they can figure out what the issue is? It makes me never want to make calls or answer calls. Also when I leave messages for people, they can't hear me (voice cuts out).

• tmo_chris

With these types of issues on this many phones, it is more than likely a coverage issue. I know you said you have this problem in many locations but I think we should start with some of the areas that are the worst. Please call us when you have a moment so our tech care folks can get some service tickets opened for you.

• febkatie

My whole family switch from Verizon to T-Mobile OnePlus plan few days ago. The reception is Okay but when my husband travels to the work. The reception totally dead in the other side of the city. And the download speed is a lot slower than Verizon. We feel kinda a little bit regret and inconvenient. I’m wondering if T-Mobile can do anything to support it. By the way, I have IPhone X, my husband has iPhone 8plus. The rest of family have iPhones, google p2, iphone7. I dont think it’s the cellphones problem.