Closed account 2 years - now collections?

magenta6338182

My family and I have been T-Mobile customers for years, and I had my own account under my name for 2 and a half years before switching. I changed carriers because T-Mobile had poor signal in the area I moved to.

When I left T-Mobile on August 2016, I was informed that I had to pay my final bill in order to close my account. So, I paid the full $77 balance. 2 years later, September 29, 2018 I am notified by TransUnion (credit) that I have an account in collections. Today, October 1st, I reached out to the Diversified Consultants (collections) about why I wasn’t notified or billed for 2 years, and why this small past due balance was suddenly reported. I was told by the collections agent that they (Diversified) did not receive this from T-Mobile until August 2018.

Now I have an account in collections, not by my negligence, but I’m suffering the consequences. My phone number and email remained the same, so why didn’t T-Mobile contact me before?

All replies

• tmo_chris

Hey there! I know getting a collection call is the last thing anyone ever wants to have to deal with We are not able to see accounts here on a public forum but if you have a Facebook or Twitter account, you can use the links in my signature to message our T-Force team. They will be able to pull up your old account and see if it was sent to collections in error.