Tourist plan questions!!!

sharoncyswong

i have a few quesions about this plan I am travlling to USA from Hong Kong in mid oct 1) what is the difference between 30 for a plan / 30 for activation kit? If I purchase only the Sim, it does not come with the plan? 2) I will start my trip off in LA, so I have the option of buying in store or mailing it to my accommodation. But Id like to make sure I am purchasing the correct product. 3) You do not need a USA credit card to purchase right? 4) Is the activation upon inserting the SIM card inthe phone, or upon purchase date? 5) the limit for data/internet is 2 GB 4G LTE data , is this enough to use for google maps when driving? and if i reach the limit how will it charge after? Thanks for your help! Sharon

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Tourist plan questions!!!

Really good questions and I appreciate you posting.

You can get a SIM card, but in order to be able to use it, you'll need to activate it on one of our plans. Going to the store when you actually get here might be the best option so you can get help face to face. You'll want to reach out to the store you're looking to buy the service from if you're looking to make the trip and not buy over the phone. I've heard of some instances where credit card purchase is the only option. The SIM card won't be activated until it's set up on the account so you can insert the SIM into the phone without the service starting automatically. The Tourist Plan Tourist Plan has unlimited data with 2 GB of 4G LTE data. We don't have an option to increase that 4G LTE limit so we'd encourage using Wi-Fi in you need faster speeds when you're not in transit.

• sharoncyswong

Thanks Mike for your reply. Is it possible to activate it, without going to the store? (if i follow the instructions clearly that is) Or must need to activate via phone/in person? https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/prepaid/plans/plan-details?familyId=tourist-plan I am only in each city for a few days and would like to maximise my time there instead of going to find a store... :D Thanks again for your help.

• tmo_mike_c

I totally understand maximizing your time. I'm seeing there is an online cart option when going through the plan purchase. You'll need to set up an account and fill out all the information you see. Going to the store is another option if you need more help, but I'm sure our folks there can get you set up as quickly as possible.

1 of 1 people found this helpful