Samsung Galaxy S8 connectivity issues

snakefield

Hello, I have a new Samsung Galaxy S8 that won't stay connected to the internet, mostly via wi-fi but it might have a problem with the data connection as well. I've googled solutions and I've already reset the wi-fi by having it forget and reconnecting from scratch using my password, rebooted my wi-fi router at home, and wiped the cache partition on the phone. I'm wondering if there are advanced settings I need to change? I'm at a loss, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 connectivity issues

Sorry you're running into issues, but I'm sure we can get this working for you. Can you take a peak at the APN settings and make sure they match? You'll want to give the phone a restart if you change anything and test out the data after that.

• snakefield

Hello, yes the APN settings match. I'm having other problems with the phone as well, the screen keeps flickering and sometimes goes dim for several minutes so I'm just going to return it. Thanks anyway.

On Mon, Oct 01, 2018 at 3:21pm tmo_mike_c  wrote:

•      a      body {           font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;           -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;      }      /* Webkit */      h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, p, hr {           -webkit-margin-before: 0;           -webkit-margin-after: 0;           -webkit-margin-start: 0;           -webkit-margin-end: 0;      }      .button td {           background-image: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #75B7E3 0%, #5498D6 50%, #408BD0 51%, #387AC8 100%) !important;           background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0%,#75B7E3), color-stop(50%,#5498D6), color-stop(51%,#408BD0), color-stop(100%,#387AC8)) !important;           -webkit-box-shadow: inset 0 1px 0 #74b9de, 0 1px 3px rgba(0,0,0,.3) !important;           -moz-box-shadow: inset 0 1px 0 #74b9de, 0 1px 3px rgba(0,0,0,.3) !important;      }                                                                                                T-Mobile Support                                                                     Samsung Galaxy S8 connectivity issues   reply from tmo_mike_c in Magenta Lounge - View the full discussion    

Sorry you're running into issues, but I'm sure we can get this working for you. Can you take a peak at the APN settings and make sure they match? You'll want to give the phone a restart if you change anything and test out the data after that.                           Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on T-Mobile Support                            Start a new discussion in Magenta Lounge by email or at T-Mobile Support                             Following Samsung Galaxy S8 connectivity issues in these streams:      Inbox                                                              This email was sent by T-Mobile Support because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from T-Mobile Support, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences                                                                                                          

• tmo_mike_c

Hmm, is the screen flickering and going dim when you're using a specific app or is this happening at random? If you flip the phone over to Safe mode does the phone works better?

• snakefield

It does it both when using apps or just browsing the internet. It also still flickers when in safe mode, thanks.

On Wed, Oct 03, 2018 at 9:53am tmo_mike_c  wrote:

•      a      body {           font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;           -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;      }      /* Webkit */      h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, p, hr {           -webkit-margin-before: 0;           -webkit-margin-after: 0;           -webkit-margin-start: 0;           -webkit-margin-end: 0;      }      .button td {           background-image: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #75B7E3 0%, #5498D6 50%, #408BD0 51%, #387AC8 100%) !important;           background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0%,#75B7E3), color-stop(50%,#5498D6), color-stop(51%,#408BD0), color-stop(100%,#387AC8)) !important;           -webkit-box-shadow: inset 0 1px 0 #74b9de, 0 1px 3px rgba(0,0,0,.3) !important;           -moz-box-shadow: inset 0 1px 0 #74b9de, 0 1px 3px rgba(0,0,0,.3) !important;      }                                                                                                T-Mobile Support                                                                     Samsung Galaxy S8 connectivity issues   reply from tmo_mike_c in Magenta Lounge - View the full discussion    

Hmm, is the screen flickering and going dim when you're using a specific app or is this happening at random? If you flip the phone over to Safe mode does the phone works better?                           Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on T-Mobile Support                            Start a new discussion in Magenta Lounge by email or at T-Mobile Support                             Following Samsung Galaxy S8 connectivity issues in these streams:      Inbox                                                              This email was sent by T-Mobile Support because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from T-Mobile Support, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences                                                                                                          

• tmo_mike_c

Hmm, the screen flickering even in Safe mode could be a software issue. Have you made sure all your apps are updated? You should also try wiping the cache to see if that helps.

• snakefield

It was a brand new phone, so all the apps I kept on it should have been updated. I did try wiping the cache to fix the connectivity problems I had with it, but none of this matters now, it's on it's way back to T Mobile. Thanks for your suggestions.

On Wed, Oct 03, 2018 at 4:00pm tmo_mike_c  wrote:

•      a      body {           font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;           -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;      }      /* Webkit */      h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, p, hr {           -webkit-margin-before: 0;           -webkit-margin-after: 0;           -webkit-margin-start: 0;           -webkit-margin-end: 0;      }      .button td {           background-image: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #75B7E3 0%, #5498D6 50%, #408BD0 51%, #387AC8 100%) !important;           background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0%,#75B7E3), color-stop(50%,#5498D6), color-stop(51%,#408BD0), color-stop(100%,#387AC8)) !important;           -webkit-box-shadow: inset 0 1px 0 #74b9de, 0 1px 3px rgba(0,0,0,.3) !important;           -moz-box-shadow: inset 0 1px 0 #74b9de, 0 1px 3px rgba(0,0,0,.3) !important;      }                                                                                                T-Mobile Support                                                                     Samsung Galaxy S8 connectivity issues   reply from tmo_mike_c in Android products - View the full discussion    

Hmm, the screen flickering even in Safe mode could be a software issue. Have you made sure all your apps are updated? You should also try wiping the cache to see if that helps.                            Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on T-Mobile Support                            Start a new discussion in Android products by email or at T-Mobile Support                             Following Samsung Galaxy S8 connectivity issues in these streams:      Inbox                                                              This email was sent by T-Mobile Support because you are a registered user.

• tmo_mike_c

I appreciate you giving that a try. Sounds like it didn't fix the screen issue. Are you having a replacement phone sent to you?

• snakefield

Yes

On Thu, Oct 04, 2018 at 7:32am tmo_mike_c  wrote:

•      a      body {           font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;           -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;      }      /* Webkit */      h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, p, hr {           -webkit-margin-before: 0;           -webkit-margin-after: 0;           -webkit-margin-start: 0;           -webkit-margin-end: 0;      }      .button td {           background-image: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #75B7E3 0%, #5498D6 50%, #408BD0 51%, #387AC8 100%) !important;           background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0%,#75B7E3), color-stop(50%,#5498D6), color-stop(51%,#408BD0), color-stop(100%,#387AC8)) !important;           -webkit-box-shadow: inset 0 1px 0 #74b9de, 0 1px 3px rgba(0,0,0,.3) !important;           -moz-box-shadow: inset 0 1px 0 #74b9de, 0 1px 3px rgba(0,0,0,.3) !important;      }                                                                                                T-Mobile Support                                                                     Samsung Galaxy S8 connectivity issues   reply from tmo_mike_c in Android products - View the full discussion    

I appreciate you giving that a try. Sounds like it didn't fix the screen issue. Are you having a replacement phone sent to you?                           Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on T-Mobile Support                            Start a new discussion in Android products by email or at T-Mobile Support                             Following Samsung Galaxy S8 connectivity issues in these streams:      Inbox                                                              This email was sent by T-Mobile Support because you are a registered user.