Poor process to port numbers in.

euniceshishmanian

So on a Friday morning I start the process of porting from ( Xfinity Voice ) to ( T-Mobile ).

Figured I'd do this online, easy peasy, right? Wrong! The WEB based procedure after filling out all the information would never give me a button to "CONTINUE" and complete the process.

Put this SIM card in the phone and then dialed "611" and over the phone, gave ( T-Mobile ) all the information again, this time via voice, old school way. So now early Friday morning beginning the two (2) business days high-water mark for porting I should be all set right, WRONG.

Get a call thirty four (34) hours later by ( T-Mobile ) about the porting process. The agent burns thirty (30) minutes of my time verifying all the information that I gave to the (611) agent. At every step of the agent's questioning, they state ( I AM NOW GOING TO SUBMIT THE PORT REQUEST ), only to be followed by another five minutes of verifying another data point that was already in the system. The agent even admitted that the data points matches what was already entered in the system. So why had the process to port not begun yet and required another voice verification of the data.

I know all this information was in the system because I stopped by a local ( T-Mobile ) store to put $10 on the account so I could get the text message verification code to create the ( T-Mobile Id ) for ( My T-Mobile ) login and saw the screen with porting request and the number requested to be ported in. This was kind of a hassle to. So you order the SIM starter kit and activate the line. Next you figure I'll go and create my online account and put in a credit card to fund the new line, WRONG! This is the chicken and egg scenario. While signing up for the "My-Tmobile" account, you don't get the account until you put in the verification code which was sent to the new line but because you haven't funded it yet, you can't get the message code. This must be a corner case that nobody thought about, NOT! So I make the trip to a store to fund the phone to receive the verification code so I can create the My-Tmobile account.

So now one (1) business day, and eighteen (18) hours later, my porting request has been verified twice but I still am not sure if ( Xfinity Voice ) has received the request.

In the past going between ( AT&T Mobile ) was as easy as putting in the SIM card, and within 20/min my ( AT&T Mobile )  became a ( T-Mobile ) number.

Has the porting process broken down at ( T-Mobile )?

1. Online web interface did not work.

2. The (611) agent took the porting request.

3. The second agent verified that the (611) agen step #2 did not complete the porting request then proceeded to re-verified all the data.

4. Still not sure if the porting process has begun after burning one (1) business day.

All replies

• gramps28

Re: Poor process to port numbers in.

Sometimes it's the carrier you're porting from holding onto the number and not releasing it.

• euniceshishmanian

Maybe, but so far that hasn't come up, the porting process seemed to be stuck on the T-Mobile side.

1. Doesn't answer the question of why the ONLINE request never allowed completion.

2. Doesn't answer the question why chicken-and-egg scenario creating a My-Tmobile account.

3. Doesn't answer why the phone call from T-Mobile a day later to verify the information?

• gramps28

Come on where talking about comcast here.

1:As far as my knowledge Tmobile doesn't have an online transfer request but they have an eligibility request.

Transfer Cell Phone Number | Switch Cell Phone Carrier | T-Mobile

2: You can't create an account till the port process is done or unless Tmobile issued you a temporary phone number.

3: See #1 or the info doesn't match comcast.

I ported out my Tmobile linelink number to my iWireless prepaid phone and the process took less than 30 minutes since

Tmobile released the number right away.

• euniceshishmanian

1:As far as my knowledge Tmobile doesn't have an online transfer request but they have an eligibility request.

So when I received the SIM card and tried to activate it online and T-Mobile asked the question if I would like to use my current phone number or receive a new one. When I said use my old number, provided all the details where the number lived, this is not porting but named by T-Mobile an eligibility request?

2: You can't create an account till the port process is done or unless Tmobile issued you a temporary phone number.

They did create a temporary phone number, but you can't create the account using the temporary or final number because you still can't receive the incoming text message to verify the account creation, hence the chicken-and-egg scenario.

• gramps28

euniceshishmanian wrote:

1:

So when I received the SIM card and tried to activate it online and T-Mobile asked the question if I would like to use my current phone number or receive a new one. When I said use my old number, provided all the details where the number lived, this is not porting but named by T-Mobile an eligibility request?

2:

They did create a temporary phone number, but you can't create the account using the temporary or final number because you still can't receive the incoming text message to verify the account creation, hence the chicken-and-egg scenario.

A: You left this nugget of info out of your original post. This is why Tmobile called to confirm your information.

2:Try contacting T-Force through Facebook messenger to see if they can help with this and you're porting issue.

• tmo_chris

Just checking in here to see how things are going. Did you get a chance to reach out to our T-Force folks?