2 phones one number!

mr.queen

I recently used JUMP program to get a replacement phone via Assurant. My lost phone has been returned to me. I remembered reading something regarding if lost phone is returned there is a step to be taken, but I tossed the instructions anyone know?

All replies

• magentatechie

Re: 2 phones one number!

Most likely, your phone that was lost has been blacklisted by the insurance company, which means it is not able to be activated on any network.  You could reach out to Assurant and see about returning the replacement device and if they will be able to remove the network block that they've placed on your old phone which could take some time and finagling to do.  If that's the course you decide to take, you can reach out to Assurant by calling 1-866-866-6285; however, should you decide just to keep things the way they are, know that you will never be able to activate the old phone on a cellular network, though it can be connected to WiFi and browsing, streaming, etc can be done through the device. 

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_mike_c

Reaching out to Assurant is gonna be your best bet, as mentioned above. I can't say for sure that phone is will be usable as once you've filed a claim and received a replacement phone, but giving them a call is the best shot.

• tmo_mike_c

Hey.

Just checking to see if you've reached out to Assurant. Please keep us posted on the results. Thanks!