Jump On Demand iPhone 8 No Longer Available?

engdak

I recently called into Tmobile support because my wife tried to trade in her S9+ for a iPhone 8 per our Jump On Demand contract. We were told that Tmobile no longer offers the iPhone 8 as an option for that plan and that if we wanted an iPhone, it would have to be the X or Xs which comes with a $200+ down payment. I don't understand how Tmobile arbitrarily decides which phones are available and not available for Jump On Demand users? If we want to switch to an iPhone, we should have the option to choose from all of the iPhones Tmobile carries. We signed an agreement to be able to change our phones every 30 days and tmobile-admin is not upholding their end of the deal. 

All replies

• tidbits

Re: Jump On Demand iPhone 8 No Longer Available?

engdak wrote:

I recently called into Tmobile support because my wife tried to trade in her S9+ for a iPhone 8 per our Jump On Demand contract. We were told that Tmobile no longer offers the iPhone 8 as an option for that plan and that if we wanted an iPhone, it would have to be the X or Xs which comes with a $200+ down payment. I don't understand how Tmobile arbitrarily decides which phones are available and not available for Jump On Demand users? If we want to switch to an iPhone, we should have the option to choose from all of the iPhones Tmobile carries. We signed an agreement to be able to change our phones every 30 days and tmobile-admin is not upholding their end of the deal.

The list may change, and you agreed it may change when you took it. Just for references here's the link of their support document.  List of device may change and to be expected especially when newer devices come out they are not always going to keep their older devices on that list.

JUMP! On Demand

Eligible devices

Many of T-Mobile’s latest and greatest devices are available for JUMP! On Demand, and the list may change depending on availability. To see if the device you want is eligible visit a T-Mobile store or Contact T-Mobile Customer Service.

JUMP! On Demand Lease: 18-month lease. Subject to credit approval; amount paid at signing, if any, may reduce monthly device charge. Tax additional, $25 SIM starter kit or, in stores & on customer service calls, $20 upgrade support charge may be required. If you cancel wireless service, you must contact us before cancelling or remaining payments become due. If you cancel lease, you may lose promotional pricing. You must return device in good condition or pay it off to keep it. Fees apply for damaged and lost devices. You are responsible for insurance/repairs; insurance recommended (required for CT customers). No device security deposit required. Late/non-payment fees may apply. For upgrade, you must trade-in eligible device in good condition at participating T-Mobile store and upgrade to eligible device on lease; allow 30 days between upgrades. Participating stores & select devices.

• engdak

How does T-mobile determine which phones to include in the program? Am I to think there are no iPhone 8 phones at any store locations and they cant accommodate a long time customer? Do they just arbitrarily pick which phones to include in the program and which phones to not include?

• tidbits

It comes down to the insurance company that buys the used devices.  If they pay less than they used to for the iPhone 8 or higher and T-Mobile will take a loss on it then it's safe to assume T-Mobile will drop it from the list.  If they want to Arbitrarily want to pick devices they can as it's their program too.