Will my phone work on my 4G/LTE plan?

somedudeontheinternet

I have been looking to get a newer but also cheaper phone, so I found the Huawei Y5 Prime. I was interested in getting it and I have been doing a ton of research on it to see if it would work with the plan I currently have. The only problem is that every site I vist has contradicting information, saying it only can go to 2G on T-Mobile, others saying that it can go 4G/LTE, but i have no idea and I need a bit of help

All replies

• intanet

I am having the exact same problem the past week.  And, with all the research I've been willing to do to understand this whole LTE network upgrade and what phones would be compatible since, my current phone no longer works properly on it, I have been getting conflicting information from even reputable websites.  Example: PC Magazine did a review on the phone I was looking at ...a real cheapo but anyway... they said it was 4GLTE capable as do many of the sellers.  But the T-Mobile website said that it WASN'T.  So, I went to the manufacturer to make sure before I bought it and 2 agents said it WAS LTE capable.  But, because T-Mobile said it wasn't, I went back to the manufacturer again and told them that T-Mobile website said it WASN'T and that agent (the 3rd one) said he looked further into the matter and found out that it WASN'T.  Pretty crazy stuff.  So, I get what you may be going through.  Wish I had an answer though.  Seems $150 is the cheapest you can go for a decent smart phone sold at T-Mobile.  Too pricey for me.  There may be a flip for $100 but, it didn't get good reviews.  Anyhow, I sure hope you get help in your situation.  Have you tried looking up the model of the phone you want on the T-Mobile website search engine?  If they have it in there knowledge base, you may be able to get more info.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • intanet

Re: Will my phone work on my 4G/LTE plan?

P. S. and, I 'm sorry to have to add this (since it's a bit of a downer)  but, I figure I could arm you with some more information in your quest...things that I discovered in mine.  Even some connectivity websites were incorrectly reporting the model I was looking at as being 4GLTE and it wasn't so, that was a real shocker to me that they were not reliable either.  I just looked your model up on the T-Mobile site but, I couldn't find a page for it here.    I just found the Summit and, the My Touch.  Have you called T-Mobile about your model or, done a chat with them?  They may be able to help.

All the best.

1 of 1 people found this helpful