calls go directly to voice mail

magenta6233679

At random times calls go directly to voice mail. T-Mobile has tested several times with no success. They want to sell me a new phone. I have 5 tmobile lines and use 4 different phone brands. Apple Samsung lg and a Chinese brand. I have noticed this on all the brands except for the apple but it's possible that people don't aalways leave messages so I wouldn't know if it's happening there too. I know I am not the first person reporting this so I was wondering if anyone has resolved this. I am running out of options.

Thanks

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: calls go directly to voice mail

Sorry you are having so many issues receiving calls! With this issue being intermittent, I would not believe it to be a device issue. Do you notice if the issue is less apparent when you are in other locations?

• magenta6372556

I am having exactly similar issues.  My phones are fully charged and phone calls from my wife to mine doesn't even ring and sometimes they go on voicemail sometimes they don't.  Both the phones have good signal strength from t-mobile towers and both the phones are on tmobile service.  I have been missing important phone calls for medical appointments etc and also for business.  This is terrible.  Is there any solution to this problem?  Thx

• magenta6233679

I spent 20 minutes with the tmobile expert yesterday...he said there was a mismatch between my account and IMEI number. He corrected that and assured me it will not happen again.  A day later my wife is trying to call me and my phone is not ringing or show any indication that someone is calling.  Now I am certain this is a tmobile network issue. I don't think there is a fix other than switching service. I am sorry for that. Tmobile used to be the best...not any more.

• magenta6233679

This is definitely not resolved. Tmobile has been unable to resolve this they just like to bury it so customers don't see it.

• magenta6372556

Not 100% of the call.  I would have switched the service by now.  It happens randomly and at random location.  One of my phone is right under the T-mobile tower (my work place) all day and my home phone has tmobile cell booster installed.   Funny thing is it didn't happen few months back.    So I tend to think that one of the OS update did this damage and I know after spending hours (magenta6233679) with support and them not being able to fix it, there is but one solution.  BUY A NEW PHONE. 

I have missed a lot of important business phone calls due to this and this has also created misunderstandings between people saying they called me and me not having any proof and/or vice versa.    Very sad

• magenta3906795

how did you get this fixed? I have 7 phones on my family pack  4 are  Asus unlocked phone. these phones  do the same thing. Seems like when the phone is not being used for a few hours call got straight to voicemail. I have called 20 times and t mobile cant fix issue.Telling me they cant support non t mobile purchased phones.I am thinking maybe move to at&t soon.

• magenta6372556

Mine didn't get fixed at all.  I was asked to provide exact details of the lost calls so they can investigate.  And nothing happened.  Just turn off your phone and turn on.   As I see it, there is no fix, especially with our other networks unlocked phones.  All of these cell phone companies, this way they are forcing us to BUY NEW PHONES.  I have lost a lot of important phone calls, personal, and business and this has created misunderstandings. 

And the latest in this for me is, they pushed some kind of software update to my phone, since then my phone went into restart loop, I was asked to clear the "cache partition" and after that it went into reboot loop.  Now it is sort of bricked.  I have important data that I need to recover so I haven't done the factory reset but am reading that even that may not fix my phone.  So the result, Buy a new phone.   

good luck

• magenta5919070

I  faced  similar issue  recently.  I had this problem for many months, before i gave up on calling Tmobile technical support (which suggested BUY NEW PHONE).   Being a technical guy,  i was comfortable  with the following steps,  which  mostly  will fix the issue.   I had to get over some difficulties,  to arrive at this solution...

1. Backup  all  apps &  data  on your phone.  I had technical difficulties with Samsung Smartswitch as the backup program.  So, i would not advice it to anyone.   Having spent considerable time on this,  my suggestion is to get a  backup program/app  for under $10 (if you have Android phone;   Apple phones  have easier backup solution from apple).
                        2. Having saved everything this way, you are now ready to  do a  "Factory reset-wipe data/cache" on your phone.  Depending on the phone model, the steps vary for this.  But, you can find  solution for your phone model,  by searching  youtube and watching the steps.
                        3. When you have done step #2, your phone is fresh as new.  All you have to do is restore  the backup you created in step #1.  Use the same program that did the  backup, and restore it all.   (I had minor issues,  the phone did not look exactly like before, but all important things got restored - like contacts/messages etc).  Definitely will not recommend any  FREE program (like  Samsung Smartswitch or Kies)  to do the backup job. 
                        4. Test your phone,  by requesting various people to call you back randomly and  SMS you with timestamps to prove that they arrive instantly.