nintendo switch

cagethelonewolf

last year i had a t mobile hotspot and it got it to hook up to my switch but i dont remeber how when  i try too connect it says must register to use. sometimes it loads up to a web guard page when it dosnt it loads up to a page asking for a password even when i type in my password and i go to the managemnt screen it still wont let me connect to the wifi even tho i did it last year how do i connect my hotspot box to the switch

All replies

• barcodeable

Re: nintendo switch

What is the brand name and model of the hotspot you are trying to hookup to your Nintendo Switch?

• barcodeable

I have looked up online information concerning your post and I couldn’t find anything other than this. A forum member last year had the exact same problem as you and created a post asking for help. Many times it’s best to search the forum before creating another post asking the same exact question.

Unfortunately the forum member wasn’t able to access the wifi hotspot using his Nintendo Switch. Im not sure technically why it’s not possible to access but apparently something is in place by T-Mobile to prevent video game devices from accessing and utilizing the data from the alcatel wifi hotspot. But if you pay for the service you should be able to use your “paid data” until it is used up, just my opinion. I don’t have a gaming box.... but if ever i do get a gaming device I will test my wifi device to see if it works. I do remember gamers found a way to access 500 GB to several Terabytes of highspeed data playing their Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo.... so apparently T-Mobile found a way to put a stop to it.

I will do more research to see the legalities of banning paying customers from accessing mobile internet data using a gaming machine. 

I know this wasn’t the answer you were looking for, sorry.

Nintendo Switch Nat Types and T-Mobile on Alcatel Linkzon

• cagethelonewolf

all right I just think we rid that I managed to do it last year but not now I did some weird stuff for no reason like trying to connect as I removed the sim card or other random stuff

And I did search the forms I just saw stuff about the net rather than unable to connect to the box

• tmo_mike_c

I'm unsure about any configuration on the Nintendo Switch, but I'm curious if the Hotspot device is getting signal? Are you able to connect other devices like a laptop or cellphone to it and use the data?

• cagethelonewolf

yes i am able to use it perfectly (all be it a bit slow at times)  on my laptop and phone when trying to connect with the switch it says it connects to the console then the wifi but when it try to th connect to the Internet it stops it and says registration is required to use this network

• tmo_mike_c

Hmm that's pretty odd. We can help troubleshoot your Hotspot connecting to our network, but getting your switch to work is a little outside of the support T-Mobile can offer. This might be a stretch, but have you reached out to support for the Switch to see if they had any suggestions to offer?

• cagethelonewolf

n i havent but I was playing on my switch and it randomly auto connected to the switch it was working but I had to charge it and when I did it stopped working so it can work there just something stopping it

• tmo_mike_c

That's pretty odd it would do that. The only thing I can think of is some kind of power saving option that would disconnect you from any data connection you have to help conserve power. I'm not 100% sure that's the case since I don't have a switch (but I want one) so you'd be more familiar with that than me. Even if that were the case, I'd assume you'd be able to connect to data again once the switch was charged.

• cagethelonewolf

To be honest I don't think it has anything to do with the power it connected by itself so even if it was charged I would be unable to re connect because it said must be registered to use this network I changed no settings on the switch or hotspot so there's a different element at play here so that was proof it can work its just not for whatever reason

• tmo_mike_c

I see where you're coming from. I'm just trying to think of something that would cause this. The best bet at this point is to see if the folks at Nintendo can give you some additional help with this. Sorry, we don't more info that'll help with this issue.