iPhone X and Jump

magenta5313210

Hello,

I went into the tmobile store today with they intention of utilizing my Jump on demand upgrade to the iPhone X. I was told I could only jump to the iPhone XS or XS Max. I had no intention on upgrading to either one of those devices obviously, I came there specifically for the X. But was essentially denied the upgrade. They didnt have them in stock, but the rep informed me they would order them and likely have it delivered in 3 days. But it just was not an option.

I ended up with the Note 9, which is a great device but I find it disheartening I would be told I cannot purchase the device I intended to and shouldve been qualified for. I believe this is intentional to drive sales of the two latest devices, and I need answers.

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: iPhone X and Jump

Hey magenta5313210 

I am very sorry that you had a not so great experience in one of our stores I know it is a bummer to get to the store and find out that we don't have the stock available for the X at the time you wanted to upgrade but it sounds like we offered to order and ship you the phone.

I am curious as to how you were denied the upgrade?

• magenta5313210

That was my question, why would I be able to upgrade to a XS or XS Max but not a X. That's the part that doesnt make much sense, and no ones been able to answer. I left with a note 9 which is the same price as the iPhone x.

• tmo_chris

In your post, you said that they didn't have it in the store but offered to order it for you though right? The iPhone x that is.

• magenta5313210

Yes, but that was before the associate sstarted the Jump upgrade. After starting the process she informed me Jumping to the X was not an option. Neither the 8S Plus.

• tmo_chris

What was the specific reason you were given for not being able to JUMP to the X?

• magenta5313210

I didnt get a clear explanation. I was only told I can only jump to the 2 newer devices.

• tmo_chris

If they only had stock of the newer devices, it is true that you could have only walked out of the store that day with a new phone if you had jumped to one of the newer devices but you should have also been able to JUMP to the iPhone X. You would not have got the phone that day since they didn't have any but it would have been shipped to you.

• magenta5313210

I'm assuming this is a corporate decision to not allow Jump upgrades to any iPhone's besides the new ones. It is unfortunate for the customers like me who are not concerned with having the latest iPhone, and are more concerned with price points. But it's alright, I love my Note 9.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 1:06 PM, tmo_chris<no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:  

#yiv6067576691 * #yiv6067576691 a #yiv6067576691 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv6067576691 #yiv6067576691 h1, #yiv6067576691 h2, #yiv6067576691 h3, #yiv6067576691 h4, #yiv6067576691 h5, #yiv6067576691 h6, #yiv6067576691 p, #yiv6067576691 hr {}#yiv6067576691 .yiv6067576691button td {}

|

T-Mobile Support

|

|

iPhone X and Jump

reply from tmo_chris in Account & services - View the full discussion

If they only had stock of the newer devices, it is true that you could have only walked out of the store that day with a new phone if you had jumped to one of the newer devices but you should have also been able to JUMP to the iPhone X. You would not have got the phone that day since they didn't have any but it would have been shipped to you.

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on T-Mobile Support

Start a new discussion in Account & services by email or at T-Mobile Support

Following iPhone X and Jump in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by T-Mobile Support because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from T-Mobile Support, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

|

• magenta6548677

Hi Chris,

I am online with t-Mobile right now. I do want the Xs. I currently have a 7 that is paid off. After selecting the Xs, I choose the JUMP option. It shows my phone info and says "paid off" with a green check mark.  After that, there really are  no other options other than to "skip the tradein". If I choose this option, I show no discount for the trade in listed in the price of $999 in my cart but no mention of JUMP.

• tmo_chris

Hey magenta6548677 

If the 7 is paid off, there will be no mention of JUMP as that service is what would pay off your remaining balance (if you had any) of the 7. If you chose skip, trade-in, the site is going to think that you do not want to trade-in your phone and will not show any details/discounts for trading in the phone. Are you saying that if you choose to trade in the phone you are not seeing any change in the order?