Account Randomly Shut Off after Successful Port?

frustratednewuser

I ported my phone number from ATT to TMobile using the online service and had a SIM card sent to me in the mail.

The activation did not go smoothly and the phone number did not work for inbound phone calls (outside of Tmobile network). I called Tmobile many times and went to a local service branch where I was assigned a new SIM card and a temporary phone number. Fast-forward through 2 weeks, 20+ calls to Tmobile Support and Tmobile Prepaid Support (Rebellion) and HOURS of time on the phone and the port is finally successful.

I sign up for my Tmobile ID, sign up for Auto-Pay, CANCEL my ATT account and move forward with my new Tmobile service. The service works for approximately 12 days until last Wednesday when the service shuts down and I am unable to receive calls. I call Tmobile and they are unable to track down the issue but the case is "escalated" with a promise to call back. I never receive a call back within the stated 72 hours and I still have no service. Fast forward to today and the data is shut off and I still am unable to login to my account online.

I call T-Mobile once again (another 1 hr+ on the phone) and I talk to 4 Rebellion agents who are all unable to assist until I find out the line has now been marked as a LEGACY PREPAID line. I spend another 30+ minutes on the phone where I am promised somebody will look into the case but I have yet to receive any resolution.

I have spent $120+ on ~12 days of service and T-Mobile has failed to provide me with any level of customer service that drives my case forward.

If anyone is out there that can help; please reach out.

All replies

• tmo_chris

Oh my goodness! This is definitely not the way we want you to be starting off your new service with us! We are unfortunately unable to see customer accounts here on a public community forum, but we do want to make sure you are taken care of. If you have a Facebook or Twitter account, please use the links in my signature to message our T-Force folk. They will be able to access your account and see what happened with the phone number as well as the escalation that was filed for you.