Apple Watch 4 ..... crazy expensive

magenta6272159

Why is T-Mobile charging over $200 than Anyone else for the Apple Watch 4? Does it come with extras? I am debating between the 3 and 4 since the 3 is price right just like anyone else.

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Apple Watch 4 ..... crazy expensive

I know there's a price difference for the size and the ones you use with cellular. I'm only looking at prices on Apple's site though.

• slilly1952!

I looked at the Apple site and the AT&T site. AT&T is charging about the same as T-Mobile. These two cellular providers are actually competitive.  T-Mobile is providing the more bottom tier of the Series 4.  One of the things adding to the more expensive tier of watches is the memory and which watchband you get. Prices for some of the Apple bands are $49 to $over $500 for the Hermès version. (I get mine from Amazon.)  One of the Apps, ECG, will be awesome when it comes out towards end of this year. I actually got a chance to be in the Stanford Medicine and Apple heart Study, via my Apple watch. They were looking at whether the watch could detect heart arrythmias, irregular heart beats. Wearing the watch for that function is like going to the doctor and hooking you up to only one lead, instead of the normal twelve.  I read that some experts in the field of performing and reading ECGs have said even one node can pick up an arrhythmia. It will be an excellent tool for the doctor. The new associated App will monitor the heart’s rythum, record it on the app, and print the record so it can be taken to your doctor. Read up on all the things this watch and it’s Apps will  do, maybe then you’ll  see it really isn’t that expensive after all.

• tmo_mike_c

Hey just checking to see if you had any additional questions. Are you looking at a specific watch on a different website or Apple's page?

• magenta4381124

To add insult to injury, you pay more and don't get the free 3 month service that you get if you buy elsewhere.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • tidbits

magenta6272159 wrote:

Why is T-Mobile charging over $200 than Anyone else for the Apple Watch 4? Does it come with extras? I am debating between the 3 and 4 since the 3 is price right just like anyone else.

I don't know what you are looking at, but they are ALL the same price even on Apple's website.  You have to compare the exact same versions.  for example

Apple website has the STAINLESS STEEL Space Black version for $799.99, and T-Mobile has it for .$749.99.

• slilly1952!

Here’s the thing.....its just ten dollars more on Your t-mobile bill. If you go to AT&T, for example, you may save $ 200 dollars but you’re tied up with a contract And end up actually paying more. If you are undecided between the three and four, get the four. Go to the technical sites and read the reviews.  You’ll have the most up to date watch and get to take advantage of a ll of the bells and whistles. I wish I could get a commission for selling people on the series four. Six people I’ve talked to have bought this watch. In fact, I fell the other day and the screen came up asking if I needed help. You may be a young person who thinks this may not happen to you.....but you never know.