Should i file complaint or report to bbb?

bleumoon

When it comes to the Tmobile app bill pay, there is always an issue. The most recent issue put my bank account in the red and caused other bill pays to decline, which I still can't pay until I get my money back. I was even charged fees by my bank for the returned checks.

For some reason, the app saved my routing number and bank information to my account. I NEVER save my information for payments. My fiance had his card saved on his account as well but for the 2-3 years we've had tmobile he's always done that. He's always been able to log in and press pay without having to check who's card is on file.

The problem that started all of this was that my fiance was not getting notifications on when the bill is due. So i asked them to start sending him notifications so that he would know when to pay for his half of the bill .They told me to give him authorization on the app because I'm the "primary account holder" so I did. They did NOT say, that he would have access to MY payment information. Nothing gave us a heads up that it even saved my information. So when he went to click "pay" the same way he's always done, he didnt realize it was my payment method. So on top of that, it shows up in my bank as the payment was made under his name, not mine! So I ask you, why did I "the primary account holder" not get a notification requesting approval to use my information?

Tmobile customer service gave me a bunch of excuses saying it was our responsibility and that they can't reimburse me for the fines I incurred because we sent the charge willingly. They refused to even write a letter to my bank explaining that the charges were unauthorized BY ME.

But one of their reps actually told me THE TRUTH. She said that this has been an ongoing issue and that the app will sometimes save payment information if it is used frequently.

When there are multiple people on one account, everybody should NOT have access to everybodies payment method.

So I would like to know what you fellow tmobile customers think. Should I file a formal complaint or should I report the incident to the BBB?

All replies

• snn555

Re: Should i file complaint or report to bbb?

well who's to say that somebody didn't accidentally press okay to save the information to the file and also allowing someone access to the account gives them access to the payment options as well. It seems that this was just human error on the customer side. It's happened to a lot of us whether we've used a different method of payment or we entered in the wrong information or we accidentally told an app, a web page or otherwise to save the information we have just form-filled.

I understand it's a frustrating situation and it was an accident however I don't believe a complaint is needed to be filed nor any claim with the BBB.

• bleumoon

I actually don't agree with you. It's not customer error when the app saves the information on it's own. As I said, we have had tmobile for years...i have never saved my payment information before and i don't see how any one would think that someone else could add my payment method from a seperate login to the app without my card in their hand. Which is my whole point. We are not some incompetent tech newbies.

Regardless, tmobile has refunded me for the bill charges, and my bank did as well, so it's fine now. This wasn't about the situation being "frustrating" this was about the fact that all of my money was taken from my account and creating a chain reaction for all the other bill pays I had set up.

Thanks for the reply however.

• bleumoon

I had contacted them multiple times before posting the thread. So no. Answer is call, go into the store, until you get someone who can fix tye issue.  

• snn555

so see what works for me is is that I have a card on file for auto pay so that I save that 5 or $10 and I pay using that payment before auto pay that way auto pay never deducts.