Alcatel A30 Tablet SIM Card Issues...

towercg

So I have a data plan I've been using from Teltik (a spawn of t-mobile), it's called the "TabletOne Plus International" Plan. Anyways, I've used it for the past 8 Months on a Blu R1 HD Phone, but that phone received some physical damage, and needed to be replaced, so I thought I'd be best off buying a t-mobile tablet. Now I am using these devices exclusively as mobile hotspots, however, when the tablet arrived, I transferred the sim card, and it wasn't getting any signal. It acknowledged the SIM Card's presence, but it had 0 bars. I rebooted multiple times, and even walked the thing through my yard to see if it was just a connection issue, but never got a single bar. i put the sim card back in my phone, and got 4 bars instantly. So I contacted TelTik, and they had me reboot it a few times, they had me double check the APN, and network settings, but by all accounts it should be working. Eventually, we came to the conclusion that it was the fault of having a tablet plan on a SIM card in a phone, and I needed to use a new sim card. So I did, I got another sim card, and they switched my plan onto that one, but still no success. Oh, and I forgot to mention, when I try to select t-mobile, under network carriers, it just says it cant. Connection failed or whatever. If anyone knows what is wrong, or how to fix it I'd really appreciate it. I don't want to have to send this back, and find a new tablet, as I'm only looking for a mobile hotspot, and aside from not connecting to the sim card, it seems to be fit for the job. Thanks in advance.

PS: The SIM card I'm now using came WITH the tablet, so there shouldn't be any compatibility issues whatsoever.

All replies