Content code missing LG Stylo 3 plus

lacreole0661

I am trying to lock some photos away on my Stylo but I don't recall the content code to lock the photos nor do I recall setting one up except for the screen lock when I set up this phone.  There is no reset password option in Fingerprints & Security/Content Lock menu and I cannot find any option anywhere and short of doing a hardware reset (which I would like to avoid, please and thank you) I am hitting a brick wall here.  Help....

All replies

• magentatechie

Re: Content code missing LG Stylo 3 plus

On my G6, it's located at Settings>General>Lock Screen and Security>Privacy>Content Lock or at Gallery>Menu>Settings

Content Lock.

Are you being prompted to enter an existing lock when you make it this far?

• lacreole0661

Yes, I am being prompted to enter an existing lock, which I assumed to be the lock I setup for my screen lock when my phone turns off the display after awhile.  But it's not that one or any codes that I would generally use for a screen/content lock code.

• lacreole0661

I was thinking a little bit ago if this might be related to something else. I had another Stylo 3 that suffered water damage and T-Mobile replaced it with another Stylo 3.  I swapped the sim card and sd card out of the old Stylo and am now thinking that the lock code for the images might have been corrupted or maybe I did use a different lock code.  I'll double check if those images are still there with Google Photos and maybe transfer them to my PC and then back again.  I'll probably do a hardware reset and then try to make sure that I set the content lock code to one I'm familiar with.  We'll see. Thanks for reminding me about the Google Photos app.

• magentatechie

Good luck with everything! I'm going to throw some general directions for backing up without a computer if it might be a smidge more convenient for you.

I use Google Photos as my backup as well, this way I'm never worrying about my pictures getting lost if something janky happens to my phone and I have to pull off a factory reset without the ability for last minute data recovery.

Open the app, tap the 3 lines on the upper left, then select Settings.  Choose Back Up and Sync, make sure it is turned on.  If you have unlimited high speed, turn on Cellular Back Up for pictures and videos, if not, connect to WiFi and leave the options off.  Click Back Up Device Folders, select all, then back out to the main page.  You should see the backup indicator tell you that the backup is taking place and when it is over, you will see a little cloud with a check mark inside. 

As a bonus, I make sure to choose Free Up Device Storage from the menu to remove pictures from the hard drive that have already been saved to my cloud.

You can triple check that the backup was successful by going to Google Photos and logging in.  The same to be said for ensuring your Contacts are saved to your Google account.  An important note is that after the factory reset and restore, you will not see your photos in the Gallery app as they are no longer on the hard drive, you may see media saved to an SD Card if applicable, but in order to fully recover your photos (though completely optional as you can access the photos any time through the cloud), you will open the Photos app, long press to select the desired media, and select Download to Device from the Menu.

If you were already aware of all of this, so sorry! I hope I was able to provide some good info!

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              • tmo_chris

Just checking in here to see how things are going. Hoping you didn't have to do the full reset