turn off updates

captcoolhand

Recently not long ago, Galaxy s7 received a software update to Oreo, but I don't want to update. I'm tired of getting a software notification every 20 minutes or a pop-up while trying to listen to music, which results in music stopping. Can someone please tell me how to stop notifacation for software update permanently? Thanks

All replies

• snn555

Re: turn off updates

It may be possible for you to go into your settings and apps and show your system apps and find an update app that you can disable or at least perhaps stop notifications of in your notification and sound settings.

to the best of my knowledge updates will usually Auto install at some point after a given amount of time.

• captcoolhand

Ya, I tried doing what you suggested before posting this for I thought the same thing. But upon finding the Update in the apps, the "Disable" button is grey and transparent, so you're Not able to disable. I was hoping maybe there may have been another way.

I bought the phone with Marshmallow and it went to Nougat which really disappointed me, so I'm really afraid to update to Oreo, for an even bigger let down.

• tmo_amanda

Hey, captcoolhand!

I totally get being reluctant to complete a software update not knowing what may or may not happen to your phone afterwards. The great thing with our Support Community is that we have some pretty vocal users when it comes to pointing out issues with an update - which is helpful for all to know! To answer your question, there isn't a way to completely disable the software update notification.

• lgv202782

To turn off the update notification you have to go into settings go to about phone go to Software and tap on the build number like seven times to unlock developers options then in there you can turn off the automatic update notification.

• captcoolhand

automatic updates is just that, it updates any software updates whenever they become available without needing your permission.
                  So. Yes, this is off through the Developers mode but still doesn't help my issue.
                  I need to stop the reminder that an update is available, so that it would stop popping up everytime I pick up my phone, or stopping a movie constantly . Also stopping anything on YouTube every 20 minutes.

• captcoolhand

Nothing like beating a dead horse, but Today, was the day and I'm not happy. I hate changes and I don't like the options that Samsung forces me to like and I can't do nothing about it.

So before anyone ask, I'm venting and I will list my cries later. as far as right now, I just wish I could meet the person/persons that feel it necessary to make my phone do what they damn well please, and I don't have a say in none of it. *To place apps on my phone that I can't remove and to restart what I turn off  is simply Bllshit! I will love to spend 30 seconds with the guy in charge . I swear, he'd a a permanent implant of my fist in the side of his month.