Not getting messages on my phone from Verizon customers

liliata13

It started this morning. My friend was texting me from his Verizon phone and I was not getting his messages. I then asked other T-Mobile users to text me and there was no issue. I asked another Verizon customer to message me and I am not getting their messages.

All replies

• magentatechie

How very odd! Forgive me for asking, for you didn't specify but are you using a T-Mobile branded phone?  Are you having issues with outgoing messages?

• tmo_chris

Hey there Are you still having issues with this?

• magenta6717574

Same problem. I switched from Verizon to T-Mobile at the beginning of October. I have an Apple 7 plus phone (bought from Verizon when I was a Verizon customer). Now that I'm on T-Mobile, I am able to send texts to Verizon customers but I cannot receive texts from them.  We can telephone back and forth, but when it comes to texts, it's a nightmare.  Hope you guys can resolve this soon.  Many of my friends, including my sister, are on Verizon. I have a ticket open after calling 611, and I spent an hour yesterday in the T-Mobile store. This is baffling.

• tmo_chris

This sounds like a routing issue for sure! If we opened up a ticket for this already, we will definitely get it fixed.

• getoffmylawn

Same problem!! I switched from Verizon to T-Mobile a little over a week ago. Number ported in fine, and I've been able to make and receive calls fine. I've been able to make and receive texts fine. EXCEPT for with Verizon carriers. With Verizon customers I can text them, but cannot for the life of me receive texts from them (excluding iMessages of course). The only caveat to this is I do receive them in a group chat.

I've worked in the cell phone industry for quite a few years, and overall am pretty tech savvy. I can confirm this is definitely not a hardware or software issue on my phone. I've called T-Mobile support multiple times... and bless them, they really do want to help, but their limited scripts focus on my phone (which is not the issue). They're rebroadcasted, rebooted, even reset my account, all to no avail.

I'm convinced this is some back end issue with the SMS aggregators (more than likely because this number was ORIGINALLY from a google voice line). I can't for the life of me seem to move up the chain of support with T-Mobile to somebody who understands the backend. Unfortunately, this is my work number, and I can't afford to loose this number. This is my last ditch effort to get this thing working. Please help!! Much thanks.  PS - I've never had a ticket filed or anything, so if we could get that rolling I'd appreciate it.

Thanks again,

Nick

tmo_chris

• tmo_chris

Changing the number is not something I see you having to do. This is definitely a network issue. I think it would be best if we tackled it on both sides. Would it be possible if you could have a friend from VZW open up a ticket with them for failed outgoing SMS to your number? On our side, I would recommend that you hit up our T-Force team using the Facebook or Twitter links in my signature. Get a couple of examples times/dates/numbers of when they sent you the SMS and we can open a ticket on our side as well.

• getoffmylawn

Hey Chris,

Thanks for your quick response!

I've reached out to T Force, and they're in the process of trying to help me. It feels very similar to the customer support I received when I called T-Mobile's front line support people. They keep wanting to re-provision, re-broadcast, reset phone, wait 24 hours, wait another 24 hours, and another 24 hours. I have a sneaking suspicion none of this is going to work.

Again, this number was originally from google voice (very similar to a land line). I ported the number over to Verizon and had a similar issue. Verizon very quickly escalated the matter up their chain of support, and somebody was able to fix it (they mentioned something about an issue with an SMS aggregator being messed up (which I believe is technically a 3rd party). Then I ported that same number over to T-Mobile and am having a similar issue. At this point I'm losing confidence that the T-Mobile representatives I've been speaking to have the knowledge to look into this deeper. How can I move up the chain of command here?

Much thanks!

Nick

tmo_chris