Galaxy Watch overheating

magenta2682580

Just got a 42mm Galaxy Watch.  Once it's in LTE mode or Wifi it gets every text that was sent since the last time it was disconnected from bluetooth. I'm assuming a system glitch? Also it randomly overheats specially if it is recieving all the text and things.  Did a soft reset and no luck with the overheating.  Any ideas or just take it back and get it replaced since it's only 3 days old?

All replies

• magenta2682580

Re: Galaxy Watch overheating

Paired with a Note 8 also digits was successfully set up. It overheats when disconnected from bluetooth with the phone.  Overheats faster when it gets the deluge of text messages that are being forwarded.  Those text are already seen when connected to bluetooth.  The watch does cool off when removed and the messages stop.

• moonkrj

Hey

I have the issue with overheating, when it's charging. Do you have the same? Or is that just with my watch? Last time it went from 9% to 94% and stopped charging.

Just looked for the solutions on the Galaxy Watch (Reddit sub) and then on us.community.samsung.

Best,

RJ Dowell

RJ Dowell (Moonk)

• magenta2682580

Took the watch back and exchanged it.  The replacement hasn't had any problems with overheating so far.  So if your watch is overheating like mine was you should prob do a warranty exchange quick.  Overheating is not good for the battery and no one wants to have a hot wrist.

• moonkrj

Thanks, will try to exchange it, luckily, the warranty hasn't expired yet. Just noticed that it's not overheating so fast, when I turn it off while charging. But I've seen other people complaints too. Overheating issue is very common. Found the topic on Reddit GalaxyWatch Overheating solutions.