Galaxy Watch

jackbauer24

I've never owned a smart watch and I'm thinking about getting the Galaxy Watch. So with the LTE can it work independently from my Note 9? Can I use it without connecting it via bluetooth/wifi to the phone? And will calls/texts/modifications go to both the watch and the phone or only one of them?

All replies

• magentatechie

Re: Galaxy Watch

Hey there!  Great questions!

You will have two options to get your watch up and running.  You may opt to utilize Bluetooth to sync your phone's calls, texts, etc but the drawback is that you will always have to be in range for it to work properly.

In order to use the LTE to get calls and whatnot, you will need to add a Data with Paired DIGITS line to your account.  This creates a copy of sorts of your primary phone number and enables the watch to pick up the calls, texts, and everything else when you leave your phone behind.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • jackbauer24

Thanks! I want to do the DIGITS option, so that would work independently and not need to be connected to my phone via BT/WiFi? So when a call or notification comes through on the watch will it also go through on my Note 9?

• magentatechie

You would need to pair via Bluetooth initially, you will set up the pairing to the phone number through an app on the phone.  Once you have it set up, you can turn off the Bluetooth and still receive the calls, even if you aren't near the phone.

To the best of my understanding, calls and texts will ring through to both devices, if someone knows different I pray they'll post here and clarify!

1 of 1 people found this helpful